pain in gb/liver area constant bruise type pain comes and goes. Gb removed.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok I had my gb removed October 15. Prior to my op I would have occasional constant pain in gb/liver area this could last days at a time and was different from an attack as I could still carry on my daily tasks but always aaware of this gnawing bruise like pain. I assumed this pain would go after op I'm thankful I no longer have those awful attacks but this pain still comes tho not as often as before.

Does anyone have the same? Should I be worried? Or is it just something I need to put up with? I had liver function and renal bloods done recently and all were normal.

I've also since December started to have burning stomach pain in upper abdomen but that probably isn't connected just thought I'd mention in case someone has had simlilar since removing gallbladder.

Thank you

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had mine done last March and I have also started to get little pains here and there and wondered if it was normal.
  • Posted

I also experience pains in area where Gb was. Been 6 weeks for me.  Just hoping it is just healing. Seems like its more by end of the day. If I sit wrong, and it creates pressure is worse.  Over all, its not tense, just seems like u feel light pains there .
  • Posted

This pain is more of a burning pain feels like I want to grab the area and cut it out. Just goggled and fatty liver came up but wouldn't the surgeon have seen if I had a fatty liver when he operated and wouldn't the ultrasound of gallbladder when I was diagnosed shown it too? My diet has been pretty awful the last 2 months I need to go back on my diet.
    • Posted

I think they can do blood tests to determine fatty liver.  I am feel for you, its so frustrating to not know what is going on in there,,, Good Luck
  • Posted

I had gallbladder removed at end of April last year.

Better than I was but still pain mainly in my right side sometimes.

Recently been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia.

To be honest, I think it is just something I am going to have to live with.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

if you have had  a liver function test which im sure you have as we all get that one done when we have gallbladder problems it would show for fatty liver as certain enzimes would be higher and leaking into the blood stream. im like you with the pain. i never seemed to get what was an attack lasting for 5 to 6 hours my pain lasted for about 2 weeks at a time. once time i had an infection found out through my liver test and the other attacks just come out of the blue. i had terrible pains for days on end and went to the hospital and all the tests were normal. except for my scan of course whch showed i had one large gall stone and sludge.i take pain killers. im just waiting for my appointment now as iv had the pre assesment and im terrified of that anasthetic. but that pain is so awful i have to get this gallbladder out. 

im sure that the burning in the upper abdomen should not be there either. i would see my doctor about that.i just hope that things get better for you. we all know the pain that the gallbladder brings so we do know a lot of what each other is going through and that is a great relief to me. thanks for your post michelle. and good luck.❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.