pain in left and right side of temple

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well i have been trying to reduce again from 10mg to 9mg, this is my 7th day at 9, and last night i had pain on the left side of my temple, went to bed and i got up this morining to pain in the left side again, then about half hour later it started on the right side, a bit of blurring on the left side, but nothing i have not had before, so do i think i should continue reducing or go back to 10mg untill i see the rhemy in september. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mags, you have two choices, either to go back to 10mg for another week or two and start the slow taper again, or just to ease back on the present taper, returning to a few more days at 10 with the odd 9mg day inbetween.  Of course, you could also reduce by smaller 0.5mg decrements which might prove more successful. 
  • Posted

MrsO has given you good advice.

However, I would go back to where you were comfortable and if was not at 10mg, go back to whatever dose it was.

I would not then start any reduction for at least a two weeks and then only try 0.5mg at a time and wait at least 7 days between trying another drop,   Keep a record so  you know and can tell Rheumy.

If you go to the pinned section http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/discuss/pmr-gca-website-addresses-and-resources-35316 on this website and send an email to the North East you can have two reduction plans free of charge.  One by PMRpro - Dead Slow and Stop and one titled  Tortoise not Hare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.