Pain in legs 8 weeks post Posterior Prolapse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning all

8 weeks post op today and returning to work part time on a phased return!

I have been feeling loads better and made a huge leap last week when I felt that I personally needed to try and get back out there into the big world of work!!  Unfortunately, the past couple of nights I have suffered with extreme pain radiating down my left leg - I can only describe it like cramp in the muscle at the top which seems to start in the left hand side of my pubic bone!  This has meant that I have had disturbed nights once again and have had to take pain relief to get through the night.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I wonder if this is another symptom of recovery?

Have a good day ladies 😊 X

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Annette, are you overdoing it and standing for long periods of time?

does the pain go in the day? Maybe it is your muscles building back up from your recovery, talk to matron xx

• Posted

Sorry for the delay Gillian - I have increased the amount of time I'm standing over the last few days coincidentally - I suppose it could be muscles coming back into action ! Many thanks for your response Matron has responded too she feels it might be sciatica! 
  • Posted

It sounds like sciatica annette and could be totally unrelated to your surgery.
    • Posted

Thank you Matron, what, if anything, should I be doing do you know? Should I take painkillers and wait and see what happens? 
    • Posted

I know a good exercise for sciatica. A friend who is a GP told me about it when I had sciatica some years ago. Lie on your side (opposite side to the painful leg) on the edge of your bed and hang the affected leg over the side. Leave it there for about 5 seconds and repeat increasing the length of time. Do this a few times a day. Also take anti inflammatories such as ibuprofen xx
    • Posted

Thank you so much, I will give this a try I just cannot bear another disturbed nights sleep especially as I have returned to work today ! I will also take some tablets 😊 Xx
    • Posted

My husband suffers with it go on line there is a lot of excersis it normal starts in the bum down the leg
    • Posted

You have to be careful with some exercises especially following prolapse surgery. The one I mentioned is ok for 8 weeks post op.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.