Pain in right chest prior to Ra Flare ? ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am in the middle of an RA flare at the moment

Start in my wrist ,then right shoulder

,left shoulder neck and now my knees

and hips .

I have been lucky lately that with the

exception of fatigue and some wrist pain

I haven't flared this bad since moving to

Methotrexate injections.

Sorry I am being a bit long winded.

My question is this 3 days prior to the flare

I was doubled over with spasms of pain in my chest

(basically under my right shoulder blade.)

Its felt likebeing stabbed /It was so intense and pain last for 24 hours and then ongoing ache

for another two days . I went to doc and

he thought I was getting shingles again which I haven't . Any ideas ? It wasn't gall stones as

I had gall bladder removed a few yrs ago

Thanks

Sinèad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sinead, try to see a physio, this sounds like a musculo skeletal problem and may not be associated with you RA.I wirked as aphysio and saw this type of pain a fair bit, so worth try.
  • Posted

I had a condition called costochondritis many yrs ago before arthitis diagnosis.  It can cause severe rib cage/ chest pain which I do recall I experienced.   I looked it up on the internet and the medical info said you are at an increased chance of experiencing this if you have RA.    It took several weeks before it went away.   So long ago I don't recall the treatment and I would think if this severe pain continues you need to contact your doctor again and find out what it is. 

• Posted

Are you any better?   Did you get a diagnosis ?

hope you are doing much better today

• Posted

OR your diagnosis Gloria. I will definitely tell GPS if I get it again as feelong was definitely costochronditis.One more illness to add to the rest 😁

thanks again sinead

• Posted

I have a very long list of illness too   : (  Start to wonder what's coming next 

Hopefully you won't get that again.   If you had terrible coughing episodes that could possibly have caused it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.