Pain in right side of scrotum

Posted , 4 users are following.

It has been about 7 years after my vasectomy and about 2 years ago i started to have pain on my right side. Went to Dr and not much was said as to what was causing it. To summaries, I wish I had researched side affects with vasector first. I never would have done it if I could go back. I have my scrotum stay tight and wad up like I was 5 years old again. Very seldom does it hang free anymore. Maybe that is why it hurts at times, I don't know. I think my only option is to try and have a vasovasectomy. Anybody else have these issue as well? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

4 years with PVPS here. Tried epdidymectomy on worst side, injections directly into my nuts, pain killers, nerve drugs.

None of it has worked and my testosterone is half what it should be as the left nut isn't working well.

• Posted

I'm not saying it is but post vasectomy pain syndrome can appear any time within ten years of a vasectomy.

There are possibly quite a few reasons why you're in pain but the above is worth a thought sadly. Look it up on Wikipedia to see a description and outline of it and see if it matches your symptoms.

I've had it for just under 4 yrs now. Injections into groin and further operations didn't ease it. Morphine helped initially but I grew tolerant to it and the dose kept going up and up.

I'm now on methadone, in part to lose the morphine and because it's a far stronger pain killer and so far it's reduced the pain by a hell of a lot.

Sex life has been non existent initially due to pain and now because my libido is shot to hell through medications and I can't ejaculate as meds retard that ability.

I'd suggest going back to GP and pushing for diagnosis and if needed referral to urology consultant. Whatever the cause and issue you shouldn't be left in pain

• Posted

I actually came across this googling a cause for why my husband has this same issue he gets pain that alternates in both. He had a vasectomy almost 10 years ago and this past year the pain has started. We first thought maybe he had gotten a hernia but he has been checked and no cause is found thank God nothing bad but something is causing this pain. And it wasn't there before the surgery. He describes it as if something is pulling on the inside and hurts bad and a drawing up feeling. Comes and goes and sometimes it gets him to where he can't do anything for that day from the pain and discomfort. Sorry to just jump in on this discussion but was really looking for an answer to my husband's pain and this seems to fit better then anything I've googled I'm beginning to think the surgery is the cause

• Posted

Sounds like PVPS or epididimitis. Try a course of antibiotics. If not cured then PVPS is likely and there is no fix. In this situation myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.