Pain in stomach & ribs....and back pain.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hav pain in my ribs from 3 months.. and i feel pain in upper part of stomach mostly at night and morning time...i am taking medicine...rebeprazole..and refagut 400...from last 15 days...

But not feeling well...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Can anybody help me...in dis situation...

• Posted

If your taking meds and no improvement I would definitely seek medical attention again,good luck
  • Posted

Hi Mannat

That is extremely unusual treatment you are receiving for your Gastric problems. Rebeprazole is a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) and is one of a number of PPIs - and all are effective - in reducing stomch acidity. It's just that I have never seen Rebeprazole used before in the many studies that have been undertaken with regard to Gastric problems. Don't get me wrong - it is probably as good as those which are normally given. (Omezaprole is the usual one). But Refagut ???!!! Why ???!!!

What has your Doctor diagnosed ? Refagut should not be used for Gastric acid problems. It is sometimes prescribed for Diarrhoea and sometimes for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, (IBS).

The big question is - what is causing your Gastric Acid problems. I take it you are taking Rebeprazole first thing in the morning and last thing at night and that should counteract the over acidity - but not necessarilly get rid of the underlying problem.

You need to ask your Doctor for an H.Pylori test (there are three types) in order to find out if that is the root cause of your problem. (It is the most common reason). Why he's not suggested the test is anybody's business - but it amazes me that they often don't. You might also ask your Doctor - in the nicest possible way - why he's prescribing Refagut for your condition. Unless of course he thinks you are suffering from IBS.

But that would be associated with very low pain and Diarrhoea rather than the Gastric pain you are experiencing. If your Dr agrees to an H.Pylori test - and he should - you must stop taking Rebeprazole at least two weeks beforehand - otherwise you will get  false result. Make do with antacids such as Calcium Carbonate in the meantime. If you are tested positive for H.pylori - don't worry - the therapy is very effective.

• Posted

Thnx sir...

I will consult my doctor for h. Pylori test....

• Posted

Good for you.

Don't take "No" for an answer.

Try not to take the blood test. It's not as accurate as the very easy to take Breath Test or the Stool Test (takes a bit longer because it has to go to a Lab).

You might ask him , in passing, what he prescribed Refagut for

Remember -  no Repabrazole for at least two weeks before the test and no antibiotics for at least four weeks before the test.

All the best with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.