Pain in the bones of pelvis only when i sit

Posted , 5 users are following.

Good morning,

I would like your help. I have pains in the bones of the pelvis when I sit. It hurts only when I sit, like a bruise and I can not sit. The pain started when a physiotherapist made me strong massage with "sticks of massage". I did 15 intense treatments and then the pain began. I had some other pains in the musculoskeletal system, haunch, back (long story), and i did tests (MRI, bone scan, hematology, rheumatology, I took inflammatory pills and pills for neuropathic pain; they did not do anything, I took them five months). I succeed  with the help of another physiotherapist and gym, swimming, to face greatly the musculoskeletal pains, besides pain in the bones when i sit. Medical examinations are all clean, but the pain when I sit continues. Life has restricted me incredibly, because i can't sit. Although I got weight (4 kg), i am 1.66m, 54kg and 31 years old, I did not see any difference. I try to put soft pad when I sit, but nothing. I don't know how to face it. I can not work, I can not go out. Has anyone any idea where to go? Although I went to several orthopedists-rheumatologists, they could not give me an explanation.Thank you in advance!!!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mellisanthi;  Just a small question.....did you have MRI/scans/x-rays etc prior to pain in pelvis starting, or after pains?   I ask this as the one diagnosis that always comes to mind of someone "who hurts when sitting", After an accident, is a fracture (even hair-line fracture) of the Pelvis....so if pain has come on after the treatment, and you've been previously, on ant-inflamortries etc, am wondering if this is the cause of your pain?   Naturally, if these ALL came after the onset of the Pain, then No..for surely a radiologist/Ortho would have seen same??....Bron
    • Posted

Hi Bron,

Thank you for your answer. I had MRI and bone scan (in lie position) prior and after my pain started in pelvis. I haven't done x-rays and i took the ant-inflamortries, before the pain started in pelvis, before the violent treatment. If there is a hair-line fracture, with which special medical examination could be seen? Do you know?? Here in Greece, nobody knows how to deal it. Thank you for your help.

• Posted

Hi fractures usually only show on x-rays, as MRI's scan the organs/tissues for damage/trauma to these; whereas x-rays show damage to bones only.   The only real tretment known for fractured pelvis is REST....most people can take Little steps with walking..  and standing is fine.....but definately can't sit, as this is when ALL body weight is taken on the pelvis.....If you still feel this is your only problem (plus some back pain), then it would be good idea to x-ray pelvis, and then rest for about 6 weeks on a hard/firm bed.......Bron  good luck
    • Posted

Hi Bron,

Thank you very much for your help. I will do x-ray pelvis, because there might be a fracture as you said and i will continue not to sit. For almost two years I sit a little and this is my big question, how after so long time the pain has not passed. Thank you again for your help. Have a nice day.

• Posted

I gather you do not have either PMR and'or GCA.

I would think you need to see an Orthopaedic Consultant.

In the meantime it is just possible that the Bowen Technique might be able to help you.  You and the Bowen person will know after three sessions whether it is for you or not.  It is practically painless as well.

• Posted

Ah, my answer will probably be of no use, now I know you live in Greece.
    • Posted

Hi,

Thank you for your answer!! No i haven't PMR or GCA.

I haven't heard for Bowen technique, I will try to find if there is something like that here in Greece. Thank you for your help.

• Posted

I don't know if you know anything about Palate, but if you know a place you can go to, I would go there it help me alot, but it doesn't cure your problem but it will help it, And also swimming is very good,  I have try a moist heating pad (Not a regular heating pad it must be a Moist  Heat not Dry.

Theratherm Digital Moist Heating Padby Chattanooga Group

Hopre this will help you.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mean pilates? I already do pilates from March, with my gym programm (3 times per week) and almost 1,5 year i have been going for swimming, 2-3 times per week. I haven't tried a moist heating pad, i will try it. Thank you again.

• Posted

What  are the doctors saying you have?
    • Posted

Hi Joe,

When i started to have pains in buttocks and waist (before 2,5years) doctors couldn't give me an explanation. The orthopedics told me that it is rheumatology and rheumatologist that it is orthopedic. I started physiotherapy and the physiotherapist made me strong massage with "sticks of massage" on the sitting bones (15 violent physiotherapies). After these physiotherapies i started to pain on my sitting bones, only when i sit. Before the physiotherapy, i didn't pain on my sitting bones. After physiotherapy i got worse, i had additional pains. I continued to search and before a year until today with the help of a physiotherapist - chiropractor and gym-swimming, we faced largely the initial pains in the buttock and the waist. He told that there was a "turning-rotation" in the pelvis, after an old accident in waterslides (2009). Now i can't face the pains on my bones of pelvis-sitting bones, that the first physiotherapist caused me with the violent physiotherapies. Almost 2 years, i can't sit and my life has been destroyed. I don't what to do. When i sit, i feel pain like i have bruises. Sorry for my big reply...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.