Pain in the kidney region for 7 days. Extremely tender to the touch

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had two urine tests, both negative for anything. 7th day of lower back and side pain. Both sides just below my ribs are so sensitive to touch it brings tears to my eyes, this had been the case for several weeks. Only since last week have I had the constant dull ache which is severe when walking or standing for long period.

I have Been prodded on the back by two doctors in the last few days. One who said nothing and just asked for a urine sample the following day. The next who asked for a urine sample, prodded my back and just said 'it's muscular' I'm a 21 year old female. I haven't injured my back. The sensitiveness has been ongoing for a few months. The pain started slowly being on and off the progressively worse to being constant. I'm not happy with being told it's just muscular and to take co codamol. I'm worried and in a lot of pain. I know my own body. This does not feel muscular. It feels very 'deep' into my back.

Anybody been in my situation? Help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Like you rightly say, you know you better than anyone else.  So keep going back until you get answers.  If we feel pain it is our bodies way of telling us something isn't quite right.  Keep asking, or ask for a referal to a nephrologist.  Good luck x

• Posted

I feel same way. Did you get a diagnosis or treatment ?..been suffering for 5 weeks now. Pain across I'd back and down left side..prodded at this morning, had to ask for the urine sample to be done but was clear. So dismissed me saying was muscular but I know it's not.. it's a radiating annoying dull pain and won't stop..sent home with nothing. And none the wiser ! 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.