Pain in the neck!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am a 22 year old male, I'm not 100% sure which vertebrae but it seems it's between the c4-c6 in my neck. When I wake up I have tremendous neck pain and I'm able to move it side to side, which sometimes will cause the pain to stop. Most days I get migraines that are excruciating!!! I've also started noticing weakness in my right shoulder and right hip, could this be caused by the disk moving in my neck?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Josh, ask for an MRI. This will show if you have a slipped disc that is causing your discomfort.

Do not tell the physician which vertebrae you think it is...just let them look at all of the cervical spine.

• Posted

I'll definitely check into that, I've been told to go see a chiropractor by friends and family but worried if it's something serious it could cause permanent injury

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.