Pain long after Hydrocele Testis operation

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi :D

About 8 or 9 years ago I had to have two operations for Hydrocele Testis on the right testicle, if I remember right both operations were in about 3 years of each other as after the first operation it returned.

Now I sometimes get a dull pain in what seems like (sorry I don't know technical terms.) the vein which connects to the right testicle, more than anything it is a discomfort and it isn't constant. The right testicle still isn't the size it was and seems swollen. Just over a year ago I went to see a urologist because I think it had grown in size again and because of the pain and they said to me that to operate again it would need to be like the size of a pear (yeah right lol) and that the pain is probably because the testicle has had so much trauma to it that it could sometimes get infections or something similar so they gave me some painkillers and sent me on my merry way.

So now a year later and I sometimes get some pain still in the vein of the right testicle and the last few days my testicle has been uncomfortable when sleeping in certain positions, could the pain also be caused from my sleeping position in the night applying pressure on the testicle?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have had a surgery for my right testicle 8 years ago as well

It was a Hydrocele that needed to be removed

This last month i been having this dull pain on the lower abdomen and right testicle

Its kind of hard to figure out where the pain is coming from sometimes It seems like its coming from the Epididymis or what you referred to as the "vein that connects to the testicle"

I went to my Urologist last weak he asked me to take a blood test and to get an Ultrasound.

I did get the test and the Ultrasound and now im waiting to go see him again in one week.

It seems that the pain comes from the post surgery of the Hydrocele

My scortum has enlarged since the surgery and especially during last year, causing discomfort for me when i lay down in certain postition. what i found helpful is ice .

• Posted

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG WAS POST OP PAIN AND THE DEGREE OF PAIN FROM 1-10 SCALE AND HOW SOON U WERE ABLE TO GO ABOUT YOUR NORMAL ACTIIVITIES
  • Posted

Hi to both of you, I would like to find out how you got on with you follow up scans. I have the same symptoms (almost exactly as you described steve83) and I have a successful operation approximately 18 months ago. The pain comes and goes but I would like to know what it might be. 

Thanks, Alan

• Posted

Hi steve83,

I have almost exactly the same story and symptoms as you! I had a right testicle hydrocele repair in 2011 and from mid-2012 began experiencing pain in my testicle. Like you said, it feels as though the pain is coming from the spermatic cord. I had the sleeping issue fairly early on and have been forced to wear ridiculously tight underwear to help counteract the pulling sensation. Sometimes, the pain is so bad (as it is right now, at 3am…) that I can feel a dull ache throughout my entire right leg.

I’ve previously had trouble finding any info at all relating to my symptoms so its surreal to see others who have had an almost identical experience.

• Posted

hi! I'm experiencing the same symptoms. did you guys find an answer? because i did the ultrasound and everything seems to be ok

• Posted

Hello, I also experience the same pain/discomfort that you are describing, it restricts me from getting comfortable in any situation and is a complete nuisance almost all the time. My testicles before were awesome, I shouldve never gotten the surgery done, had bad mentors. f**k that.

• Posted

hi! I'm experiencing the same symptoms and i also had that surgery about 3 years ago. did you guys find an answer? because i did an ultrasound and everything seems to be ok

• Posted

I had my hydrocele in August last year, the post-op notes say 'Hydrocele and abscess'.

I too get aches and pains, sleeping position doesn't help, and walking can be uncomfortable.

Mostly it is a dull ache, but last night (while just sitting watching the box) both sides were aching alot. Not too bad today, but good to know I am not alone - but I don't have any answers!

I have to wear much tighter underwear than before, and I'm even considering going to Small from Medium. I also can't wear anything with a front seam as it presses on the scar (particularly where the drain was) and is uncomfortable. Doesn't give many options for undies, and the ones I wear are probably way too young for a 68 year old!

I've even thought about a jock-strap, but have no experience of how they fit.

• Posted

Did you go to Doc? Any complications?

Hope your better soon!

Shay

• Posted

I discussed it at a urology appointment (for enlarged prostate), the consultant said it can take many months or years to subside.

It is more of an ache than a pain, but sometimes the scar hurts.

I can't walk as much as before, previously a 10-15 mile walk was OK for me - can't manage much more than 4-5 nowadays.

• Posted

Hi guys

so had my Right sided Hydrocele op on 20/7, surgeon said there was approx 100ml drained and everything had gone well, he used the Lords Plication technique to secure the internal sac.

had a minor infection on the incision site but took antibiotics and cleared up quickly. overall swelling has reduced.

However at about the 4.5 week period i have a sensation like someone is tugging on them and a constant dull ache as if i have been kicked, almost painful to touch, especially where the cord joins

had anyone else experienced anything like this ?

the pain is currently worse than before the op, not got my follow up for another couple of weeks and there seems to be another lump inside, cant tell if its fluid or not but the testicle sits very awkwardly now

really regretting getting the surgery at this point

• Posted

Hi guys

so had my Right sided Hydrocele op on 20/7, surgeon said there was approx 100ml drained and everything had gone well, he used the Lords Plication technique to secure the internal sac.

had a minor infection on the incision site but took antibiotics and cleared up quickly. overall swelling has reduced.

However at about the 4.5 week period i have a sensation like someone is tugging on them and a constant dull ache as if i have been kicked, almost painful to touch, especially where the cord joins

had anyone else experienced anything like this ?

the pain is currently worse than before the op

• Posted

Thanks for your post. I have exact same issue. Really do not want to go back to doc. Another visit and another scan. Could be something or could nothing but it is a lot of time and money...

• Posted

I have had two operations in last 8 weeks and and my right testicle is fused up into the corner of my scrotum and can't move. I looks dreadful. Hey, no lol from me. they make the operation is as easy as snipping a small sack, inverting it and presto, no more hydrocele. Wrong. I hope people read this and carefully consider not having an operation. My testicle was only 50% larger than normal. I should never have had the operation, just vanity at 58.

Hope you get over the pain issues Mate. Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.