Pain Medication - a few weeks post-operative

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone gone as far as fentanyl patches? I am vurrently on ora-morph, naprocine, gabapentine and paracetamol and 25 days post arthroscopic release and asad, plus 5 days post steroid injection. No sleep and can't bear to lie down still, particularly can't lie on my good side. Tried a million pillows and a million positions.

Do i need to step up the meds still further?

(my movement is much better)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You must take your meds as prescribed every 4-6 hours usually. Don't wait for the pain to be at its worst then take the meds. You have to stay ahead and on top of the pain. Do you know which meds you can take together? Some meds you take 4 hourly but 2 hous after taking them you can take other meds that help. If your not sure ask your doctor or chemist. It's important to know how yo take your meds.....good luck, it's a horrid insidious illness 😘❌❌❌
    • Posted

hi - i have already gone from responsive pain relief to continuous medication - fully dosed 24/7 - and have seen/talked to gp 5 times re meds in past 25 days plus consultant and rmo at hospital.

thanks for your support.

• Posted

Well sounds like your all over it luvvy.....good luck.

I'm 4 weeks post op for a torn rotator cuff. I was told to expect pain for up to 3 months after surgery and 12-18 months till full recovery.....certainly a long slow recovery. Sending gentle hugs to you 😘💐❌❌❌❌

• Posted

Well at least you're getting some pain relief meds. My doc only prescribed them after my surgery two weeks ago and now will not prescribe anything or helpe with pain relief. Can't sleep at night, in pain all day at work. It's awful. Thinking about switching docs and told my PT that today. Now she's calling the doc to talk about some pain management. We will see if he does anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.