Pain, numbness, and tingling in lower leg and foot

Posted , 5 users are following.

On Saturday 18th June, I noticed after sitting for a while that the front of my lower leg had went very numb. I got up to try and walk it off but the numbness would not subside. I was very concerned, so I went to the doctor on the Monday (2 days later). The doctor seemed unsure of what the issue may be, so he said to wait for a week to see if my symptoms disappear. I noticed the next day that my leg started to feel sore and I could feel tingling, as well as the numbness. I was worried about a blood clot, so I seen another doctor who advised that it wasn't a blood clot, and to wait a week to see if the symptoms disappear.

Yesterday (Monday 27th) was a week since I had first seen the doctor, so I went back to see him yesterday. I told him that the symptoms were still there and hadn't improved. I remembered that a week before the numbness started, I had ran a 5K fun race, which involved inflatable obstacles. On one obstacle, I landed on my feet quite hard from a height. I felt a slight strain in my legs when I had landed, but I was ok so I kept running. The following two days I had slight shin splits, but then it disappeared. 5 days after the shin splints disappeared was when the numbness started. I told my doctor about all of this and now he says to wait another 2 weeks to see if the symptoms go away, as he thinks it may just be shin splints.

My concern is, surely if it were shin splints, the symptoms would have been worse in the first few days after the race? My shins were a little sore after the race but then disappeared, until I got the numbness days later. Also, as far as I am aware, shin splints don't cause numbness and tinging?

My symptoms as of today are pain, numbness, tingling, and sometimes burning in the front and sides of my lower leg, below the knee. The worst areaof the leg is below the knee, down to around half way down my lower leg. I also have the sensation as if I have a tight band around my leg. I also have numbness and tingling in a couple of areas of my foot, and sometimes pain and burning too.

If anyone has any idea of what this may be or has any similar experiences, I would be grateful if you could let me know. I feel llike the doctor isn't being very helpful.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

maybe dermatitis stasis ? could be , its burning inside shin area , redness on shin sometimes , tingling etc could be , its related to sluggish vein circulation ....

get a vascular Dr to check it

• Posted

I had the same simptoms in my lower left leg. It disapeared. After a long bus travel it came back again. I feel my leg slowly recover again. I struggle to lift my foot like releasing a cars celerater. Burning and tingling is also part of my symtoms. Myne feel like dead feeling on lower leg skin and part of foot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.