Pain on the inside of ankle from ankle sprain(13 weeks ago)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I sprained my ankle almost 13 weeks ago. There was a lot of swelling and bruisng on the outside of the ankle and only a little bit on the inside. It was also non weight bearing for about 2 weeks. Got an cray to rule out broken bones. Now 13 weeks later, I was walking for a long time and on the inside ankle there was like a popping/clicking that I could feel when I would walk plus some pain. Not very severe pain but it still hurts and was annoying. I have been to physiotherapy and accupuncture for about a month and a half and the pain is decreasing but there is still swelling and pain on the inside of my ankle. Why is that even though there was a significant amount of swelling, brusing and pain on the outside when I first was injured now I have pain just on the inside? What can I do since I still go to physio and acupuncture and I'm not sure when it will be better.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I would demand a ultra scan. It sounds like a ligament issue . Good luck .
  • Posted

I never experienced the popping, you probably should have that checked out. Given that, I think I read on the Facebook ankle break site, called Broken Ankle / Foot / Leg Recovery - On a Quest for Normal! , that a lot of other people experienced popping. Some said it felt better after it popped and the popping got better with time. I still would have it checked out though to be sure it is okay.
  • Posted

Well, the inner ankle pain you are describing is the origination of my ankle problems which led to diagnosis of stress fracture medial tibia. You said you had walked a lot and that probably is key. More time needed to build to that type of mobility, maybe.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.