Pain when side sleeping at 7 weeks

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys, in the past week or so I've started noticing pain inside the hip again when I sleep on my side. I'm exclusively a side slepper. What do you think could be causing this NOW?

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Annie, I'm so sorry - this is your operated hip? Son is a side sleeper, too. I hope you find the reason, and I wish you well.
  • Posted

Hi Annie, 

so sorry to hear this .... Maybe the best thing is to contact your surgeon about this ..

You are 7 weeks post-op from bilateral hip surgery and in that sense, still a lot of healing is taking place - 

I was diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis and sleeping on affected hip is painful - - I am a side sleeper too, but yiu know what, turning on my back is not so bad after all -

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

I have had both hips operated on left leg 4 years ago right leg 18months ago and I still have difficulty sleeping on my side or my back . pain in buttocks when I sit stoop or try to bend. also having great difficulty with my walking need two sticks . wish I had never had them done .
  • Posted

Hi Annie,

i know what you mean. I have had THR on both on both hips. The oldest over 15 years old and I still cannot sleep on either side. It's really tough when we are usually sleeping on our sides before THR. I had to get a different bed it rises top & bottom adjustable. The pressure can be taken of the hip by adjusting the bed and using a lot of small pillows.

Good luck in finding ur comfrey position. I seems to wake up a few times to move around from pain waking me. No matter what I try. I also have issues sleeping on my back or tummy.

It's important to keep tendons, muscles & core strength in shape & try not to over do the day before. I know I should get in better shape & start those butt squeezes again. That usually helps strengthen all the issues mentioned above. Sleeping positions can become an issue for many hippies at this point.  I am just happy & grateful to still have my mobility! 

Post when u can on what position has helped you sleep better.

• Posted

I'm a side sleeper and since 3 weeks post op I had no difficulty sleeping on either side since then. Now I'm being woken up by pain on the outside of the hip; not in the implant. Seeing surgeon on Friday. Will rest and ice in the interim
    • Posted

Butt squeezes are a problem for me because they hurt the right groin where the hip is in spasm. So they don't really get the workout they should. I tried lying on my tummy on a gym ball and could only lift the right hand side to level, no further because that hurt.
    • Posted

Annie,

So very sorry that this is a difficult challenge for you. Suggestions don't always fit the picture. Just general info. Have had 3 THR. To this day I cannot sleep on either side. There was bursitis in both hips which were both removed during THR. Bursitis is a sac filled with fluid. I think some of us have different heeling issues.  I hope ur next dr. Appt. will help. 

Keep in touch. confused

• Posted

I I hope so .... Because now both hips feel stuffed. Never had this level of pain before my op 😡

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.