Pain with UC

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm getting really bad stomach pains right now.. it's coming in waves similar to food poisoning and my bellys making lots of noises I'm really sore but I've never had this pain with UC.. I'm not sure if it is food poisoning I don't have explosive diarrhoea or anything but I'm in alot of pain has anyone had this before xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Millie,

Firstly, so sorry to hear that you're suffering with these stomach pains; It's wretched for you and I send you my very best wishes for a speedy return to a pain-free stomach.  I wonder whether, if my understanding of this disease is correct and UC only affects the colon,  the stomach pains you are experiencing may indeed be down to something else, and not related directly to colitis? 

I'm afraid I haven't had stomach pains, although the amount of colonic bubbling and gurgling that I from time to time both feel and hear is almost comical. It'll suddenly start and I hear this bubbling and gurgling coming from all directions and then it just as suddenly stops after maybe 5 minutes or an hour or so. It's almost as if my colon has a 'gurgle switch' and something flicks it on and off at will!! UC is such a weird condition! 

I'm sorry I can't be of any greater help to you, but take care and as I said before, I wish you a very speedy return to good health. 

With kindest regards,

Peter x 

• Posted

Hi. I get the gurgling most days. Very embarrassing in meetings!!!!

I suggest you get the pain issue checked out with your doctor if it's new.

Keep your chin up!

• Posted

Check with your doctor to be sure but yes I get sharp stabbing pains when I have flare ups especially when lying down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.