Painful Period

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ugh sit here at work miserable, my period started at 5am this morning and i have been having pain all day so far! I have taken 200mg ibuprofen tablets x2 one lot this morning and one lot at lunch time but it is not taking the pain away.

Anyone help with relief from this hell i am in. Got another 2 hours at work at least before i can curl up at home with a hot water bottle!

If it helps i am also on week 3 of taking Citalopram as well, could this be making my period worse?

Oh and no i am not asking my male boss if i can go home early, not happening!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You can take 800 mg of ibuprofen at a time. It's the same as a prescription pill.

• Posted

Thanks I have numerous other tablets i can use as well sadly they are at home, the pain was not as bad this morning.

• Posted

Hi! Im feeling just like you. I cant even go out... its too horrible. Every time! Sometimes i even couldnt go to school... i sometimes take Analgin and it helps for me even its not for periods... i just want someone to help us 💕
    • Posted

Me too with the help, I have cocodamol which does take the edge off but i cant drive if i take 2, normally one is enough.

I have the cocodamol for back pain which is worse as well.

I have not tried Analgin. I dont seem to get much help from my GP just painkillers which sometimes do not work.

I have also tried Mefenamic Acid and Tranexamic Acid tablets too but you have to find a pharmacy that stock these as some dont! I found that out the hard way, was very unhelpful.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I used to work at a dollar tree and my cramps r painful and I had to stock shelfs and lift as well as cashier I found getting those stick on heat relief patches usually used for lower back and put it on my lower stomach actually helped a lot it was like a travel heating pad ☺️
    • Posted

Sadly i get no relief from heat patches. I am currently at work again with killer cramps but im trying to ignore them. Really does not help that i work with all male staff too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.