Pains In My Stomach And Back

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I'm a 43yr old Male.Last few months i've been having pains in Stomach and lower back.These pains range from Aching pains to sharp pains.Sometimes there on my left side of my Back and sometimes around the bottom of my Ribcage,i sometimes also have a tight Stomach where it feels like i'm going to burst.I've been to my Dr's about 3 times about this but all they say is its probably part and parcel of getting old or my Diet and there's nothing they can do.I really would like tests to see what is causing this but there very reluctant on doing this as what i'm describing them doesn't sound anything serious.I'm going to see another Dr 2moro because this is not affecting everyday life,i'm just worried it maybe something serious.If anybody has any advice for me i would be very gratefull.Thank you.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

What kind of diet are you on?

• Posted

I'm not but the Dr thinks it could be what i'm eating,ie Takeaways,Greasy Food etc
  • Posted

Yeah could well be something like a Hiatus hernia which will be worsened by poor diet or could be casued by vitamin definency. Try a different diet and general multivitamins.
  • Posted

This si why i want tests so i know what it is and what to do to help,its the not knowing,i suffer from Depression and this isn't helping
  • Posted

I understand, however as the pain is variable and not placed in one area it could be a multitude of things which cannot be tested. However most things can be improved with a healthy diet and gentle exercise regime. Why dont you try it? What can you lose?
  • Posted

Ok thanks for the advice
  • Posted

This pain, is it like a stitch from running? Does it seem to bubble to the surface, maybe with an itch? smile
  • Posted

Sometimes its like a Stich yes.I have noticed lately that i itch in areas where the pains are
  • Posted

Smacks of a Stomach Ulcer and or raging Gastritis then. Posterior (so if a Doctor examines your tum from the front they won't cause you to wince and they'll be scratching their head thinking you're mad). You've probably got the H.pylori bug, you'll be OK, see the Patient UK leaflet :

Health Information > Gut / Bowel / Stomach > Helicobacter Pylori and Stomach Pain

Look afters cheesygrin

• Posted

A bug that lasts over 3 Months?Where is the Patient Uk Leaflet?
  • Posted

Yes, once you've got it it'll live in there harmlessly causing no problems but sometimes it has such a good time it gets a bit rampant. See under the Health Information tab at the top of this page and follow the links from there smile
  • Posted

Thank you House for your help,it does sound like it.I will discuss it with my Dr 2moro smile
  • Posted

Ney worries smile
  • Posted

Hi Buc69 I been having similar symptoms, I'm just woundering did you find out what it was ? Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.