Pains in upper abdomin?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey im 23 years old male, i have been experiencing pain in left and right side of my body ribcage if i lean to my left side i have a pain in my left rib cage area, i have no idea what it is my stools are a light colour, i havent lost my appetite some times my stools come out shardy or diareah. im also experiencing being very tired all the time, feeling foggy headed. this all started like 10 weeks ago? has anyone got any answers please? ive had blood tests all came back normal im really confused

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

• Posted

Hi tomGeeee

Have you had specific blood tests such as ESR which is Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate blood test which tests fot inflammation in the body...also have you had a B12 blood test for B12 deficiency...both these conditions present the symptons you describe ....especially the tiredness and foggy head. If you have not had these tests ask your doc to have them carried out...best wishes....

• Posted

No i have had a check up blood test is this not good enough? do i need to request what youve asked for?
    • Posted

Hi tomGeeee

Yes you need to request these tests...or ask your doc for a print out of your blood test results and see if these tests were included if not request them.... this is what i did and it came to light i had a B12 deficiency.....you are able to do this under the 'Freedom of Information Act'......best wishes....

• Posted

Maybe your girlfriend is the problem!!
  • Posted

Were you tested for celiac, h pylori and did you have an ultrasound?  Have you had a colonoscopy? Was IBS mentioned?  This causes change of bowel habit and shifting stomach pain and can cause fatigue.  Have you tried a food diary to see if you have food intolerance?
    • Posted

Ask your doctor for an ultrasound to make sure your liver, gallbladder and other organs are functioning properly.  H pylori can be tested via a stool sample. Celiac can be tested for with a blood sample or endoscopy.  I had a celiac blood test, an ultrasound and a stool sample tested for h pylori and all were negative.  I was diagnosed with IBS.  However, all the other things I have mentioned have to be ruled out first, before IBS can be considered.

Do you have anxiety?

• Posted

I have anxiety yes, overthinking and worrying everything. Ill try get a stool sample done for tomorrow. and then ill book a bloods in again.
    • Posted

Worry is very common when you are not being diagnosed and everything comes back negative.  I panicked for three and a half months.  Once I got diagnosed, my panic stopped.  Anxiety is an IBS symptom too and stress can trigger IBS.  Have you had any recent stressful episodes? That's how my IBS began.

• Posted

ive had stress for a year and a half because of my girlfriend controllin me and mentally abusing me, just so fed up now.
    • Posted

Stress with your girlfriend will not be helping your symptoms. 
  • Posted

Light stool are cause for concern. Have you got your gall bladder/liver checked for any abnormality?
    • Posted

No i havent had it checked do i just ask at the doctor?
    • Posted

Yes, they will run your lab test for  stool and gall bladder/liver panel.
    • Posted

I will have to ring the docs in the morning and ask for these to be taken place 
    • Posted

Ok, let us know the results. 

Its good you havent lost appetite. 

If it is liver problem, you can easily fix it. 

What have you been eating in the last 10 weeks or before? Travelled somewhere?Anything unusual you have done. 

It could be IBS like pippa said, but light colored stool and foggy headed stood out in your discussion.

• Posted

I have been with my girlfriend for like 1 yeah and a half and ive gained weight really rapid eaitng junk food takeaway etc etc, could this be it? im really worrried, what if its someithng serious. only thing i can think is been under a lot of stress
    • Posted

My liver was tested via an ultrasound and I had to provide a stool sample to be tested for h pylori.  However, as Rocky said your liver can also be tested with a blood sample.  Celiac can cause a foggy head and change your bowel habits.  IBS also changes your bowel habits and can cause your stools to change colour.  When my stools became loose with IBS, they changed colour and shape.
    • Posted

Thats explain it ... your junk eating and rapid eating habit with stress and gaining of weight...

• Posted

yes, it comes with slight liver damage, also called fatty liver, with or without drinking ......but also with eating too much junk food.
    • Posted

i don't want to alarm you too much .... just eat less and healthy and avoid stress...

this health problem can be easily fixed... Let us know..Good Luck. 

• Posted

ill start to eat healthy ill do a stool sample tomorrow also thanks rocky
    • Posted

I also keep having pressure in my head too and feel like im going to collapse
    • Posted

Eating too much junk food can make you foggy headed.  Junk food constains preservatives and other chemicals that are not good for you.
    • Posted

Hi tomGeeee

There are quite a few things the people on the forum as well as myself are advising you to get checked..you must be getting a bit anxious with all this..just sit down, relax and write down what you need your doctor to check...it can get overwhelming and your symptoms may present themselves twofold....have a cuppa and de-stress...i know easier said than done!...keep us posted...

• Posted

Hi tomGeeee

I had that head pressure and fatigue before being diagnosed with B12 deficiency...if you have been only eating junk food and no foods containing B12 you can become deficient...anyway speak with your doc about the various tests that have been suggested to you on the forum......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.