Palpitations and often chest pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last couple of months I've been getting palpitations - feeling like my heart is skipping a beat, or has an extra beat, and I've been having chest pains. I've had an ecg, it didn't show anything-but I think that's because I wasn't experiencing chest pains or palpitations during the ecg, which only lasted for a few minutes. My doctor hasn't decided to carry out anymore tests, but I'm becoming more and more worried... What should I do?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had PAF for 6 months, pulse rising to 170, with frogs all over my chest, was booked in for Cardioversion, but had a bad reaction to Amarodion , ended in hospital, my immune system was fighting my Renal system, had to get a biopsy, on with Sterios, now slowly reducing slowly, still a bit to go, but hopefully all comes good eventually. The strange thing, is I was put on Bisoprolol , low dose, and I have had no AF, pulse sitting at 55, no frogs and feeling ok. I just hope this continues, my GP is delighted, don't think I need a Cardioversion.... Hope you feel better soon. 
  • Posted

Dear  Erika

you could ask doctor for a 24 hour ECG test. I've never needed or had one but I believe this can pick up palpitations when you are at home/work etc and not at the surgery or hospital. I think it's worth asking if your palpitations etc continue and it can put your mind at rest too which can count for a lot. Roy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.