Pancreas

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've had pancreatitis attack 3 times (not from alcohol) the 3rd time my doctor organised a MRI to check for gallstones and see how my pancreas was. And everything was normal, however it did show my pancreas was a sausage shape but all normal. So my doctor said because I have no gallstones I can either just follow a low fat diet forever to avoid another attack or have my gallbladder out and see how I go. Well a week later and I'm having the pains again I may have had a very small amount of fat but seriously that shouldn't effect me like this. I have upper mid deep chest pain, a burning occasionally too, and I am burping a lot. Also I have had a endoscopy which was clear too no reflux (which my mum and sister both have). I've tried acid reflux double strength and it doesn't work. Does anyone have any feed back for me please?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

How old are you

can you relate the onset of pain to exercise , sexual activity or stress

Are you on any medication as some drugs do cause pancreatitis

I believe I may have found an explanation for some attacks

• Posted

What I am thinking, I am probably using wrong word stress. The slightest anxiety can bring on ap. When pain starts sit perfectly still and put a hot pad/ water bottle on chest does pain ease.

I have had ap problem with no obvious cause until now whicwhich I will tell you if your answers relates

• Posted

No it's not from stress or anxiety I don't have a problem with this. Thanks for trying to help though.
  • Posted

Sounds like chronic pancreatitis too me which I have of course I am not a doctor. My doctor gave me Viokace to take which is pancreas enzymes helping a lot no more attacks or pain. Now I can only take it for three months but hopefully will rest the pancreas enough to heal it we will see but as I read and understand this problem it is a terrible problem that is life long. My pancreaitis is also idiopathic no real cause that they can find. Could be genetic for me cause I have several cousins that have trouble with theirs. Docs aren't sure though. But you may want to try the enzymes they really have helped me alot
    • Posted

Hi Jane I've only had pancreatitis 3 times over 5 years and my MRI should no signs of inflammation of the pancreas or damage. I only for the severe pain and my blood test showed my liaise was very high. Thanks for your feed back. I'll try enzymes where do I get to from? And is that what its called.
    • Posted

That is what mine is called it goes by different names depending on the dosage you need. Mine is a prescription so you may need to ask your doctor. I have seen over the counter enzymes but really don't know how well they work.
    • Posted

How are you doing with CP Janet ? I am in same situation as you and my Doc prescribed me Viokace.
  • Posted

I had my gallbladder taken out when the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with it and it was no help.  My cp was not caused by gallbladder problems so I had an unessary surgery.  A low fat diet only slightly helps.  I would ask your doctor to order an ERCP or MRCP.  I've had both.  The ERCP they can do minor work to the sphinter of oddi if it is a problem which is was for me.  For most people this helps a lot.  An MRCP gives the doctor a very good picture of the pancreas and its ducts and can indicate if there is a duct not working correctly.  This way you have some more information before they start taking organs out "to see if it helps"
    • Posted

Hi Bonnie thanks for sharing. I did have a MRCP it should nothing. But my pancreas was a sausage shape which is different, but has no suspicious growths.
  • Posted

my pancreas has no growths either.  Growths are not a sign of cp.  but my cp is so bad we are looking at have my entire pancreas taken out.  Good luck to you.  ask about an ERCP it can test the pressure of the shpinter of oddi.  Or an endoscopic unltrasound.
  • Posted

Heu Melissa ! My doctor said that I too have a sausage like pancreas . She thinks its auto immune pancreatitis . Did you find any answers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.