pancreas disorders and abdominal pain and food

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi have read discussions Reefsider Idaholt. etc.  I had pancreatitis Xmas ideopathic MRI OK but hoping soon for ERCP.  But noone followed up or told me what to eat, not eat etc. I have a hiatal hernia too and gastritis too. Noone has ever told me anything about diet in hospital even with pancreatitis they just let me eat order anything and I knew little about anything.  Can anyone tell me what they eat now regularly please.  Does anyone have burning pain on everything they eat, even grapes, bananas, chicken etc. cereal too??  Does anyones pain get worse by evening?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had to Google it.

Bland diet. No fatty foods.

I eat a lot of watermelon. I will get a craving for a hamburger, ice cream, etc. And I pay for it dearly.

Stay away from carbonated drinks, that's really hard for me. Salad isn't good for you either or Cole slaw.

My surgeon told me I can eat anything as long as I tolerate it.

Moderation and small mealsize are key.

I am on 8 different medications for the hernia situation. I don't take pain pills except Tylenol.

Ice packs work wonders.

Also I get hiccups frequently that double me over in pain, Dr gave me medication for it but it's an anti psychotic med. I will just take a spoonful of sugar to help with that .

I have never drink til I was 40, and would only have 1 drink every 2 weeks. It really messes with me. I haven't had a drink for over a year now.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. I've done a lot of research on this.

• Posted

Oh thankyou. U have a good doctor.not one gp not a consultant not a dietician ever told me what to avoid with pancreatitis.the net and people like u have helped. But do you eat fruit? Do you eat veg and say white fish chicken .a banana grapes burn me even milk .do you have cereals? I am off steroids and knew this would happen slowly losing weight again. Is it painful for u to walk? Do you get rapid pulse and sweats on eating? Sorry re hiccups i get too and painful. Bread do u eat and eggs. I know whatever is comfortable but bit naff when everything burns ha ha. Thankyou for any help advice you give me.
    • Posted

I eat bland foods. Jello. No carbs, sometimes a cracker with no salt. Clear chicken broth, etc.

I see my g.I. Dr today.

Hopefully she'll come up with something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.