pancreas stones

Posted , 3 users are following.

i just found out i have a bag of pebbles for pancreas ...radiologist said never seen so many stones ...have crisis that pain almost unbearable with nausea and fevers ...can this mean i have cancer  ..whats the treatment? i never drank heavely all pancreatitis mention alcoholism ... could i have caught this in a tropical country (lived 1 year in thailand) can it be due to the skin hookworms i got there? anyone else suffers from this? tks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Pancreatitis is horrid,my husband had it.  They say it can be caused by gallstones too.  I'm not surre of the treatment for your kind of pancreas pain/symptoms but I do hope they can help you and my best wishes to you
  • Posted

...they should be able to smash them with sound waves...

I have been reading that It may be the western diet which has contributed to stones ...perhaps too much animal protien, it is only a thought that a reduction of meat and fish may help, perhaps have plenty of fruit and vegetables, and soya, plant based foods.

Do hope it helps, it may stop future stones forming...let us all know how you get on.

Blessings,

Lesley

• Posted

I think has to do medication I been taking for so long... maybe im wrong.. prob is I'm in Portugal at moment... health care here is nightmare. Guess I'm gona have go back london... tks all for your comments xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.