panic after working hard

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I've noticed a pattern with one of the triggers for my panic and anxiety. I've always had an issue with concentration, but differently than the usual. When I start to concentrate I seem to get too engrossed, I hate being distracted and I'm almost possessed with the need to finish what I'm doing, and it all seems really easy. The trouble is I've noticed when I stop I get very anxious, tonight it led to a massive panic attack. Everything seemed very frightening and threatening. I really did feel like I was going crazy! 

Has anyone else notice they get anxious and panic after being absorbed in things too much?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it's does seem that I only get relief from anxiety at the moment when I'm on the go,busy. Soon as I stop or try to relax the anxiety starts xx
    • Posted

Thanks Gillian, mine seems really intense after I stop working - no idea what to do about that!
    • Posted

No, medication doesn't tend to sit well with me, I can't stand the side effects. I am in therapy however
    • Posted

I wish I hadn't gone down the medication route if I'm honest with you.

I had a situation that caused anxiety and reacted to quick in going on medication thinking the outcome of the situation would be needing antidepressants. The outcome was good but the medication had already started giving me worse anxiety(typical),so they had to take me off it and put me on another.

Its madness x

• Posted

Agreed, too many have a totally unrealistic view your f medication. Medication should for most be very short term. They aren't designed for long term use. Medication cannot resolve the root cause of anxiety, only therapy can do that. Too many spend far too much energy looking for new meds when they'd better spend their time entering into therapy
    • Posted

yeah had a bad reaction to sertraline aka zoloft for 6weeks thinking worse anxiety was normal i said screw it rather drink chamomille and beat it myself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.