Parasite diagnosis without testing!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi pals,

I'm seeing a skilled natropath/MD and recently he diagnosed me with parasites...

This was done using some sort of reported syptomology and him touching areas on my stomach.

I'd love to believe him because I'm starting to trust him and he's helping me with some issues.

However, diagnosing and giving me Alinia with Tinidazole for 14 days without bloodwork, stool test, nor and other qualified testing, I'm scared to death!

I'm in so much pain but don't know if it's parasite die off or anti parasitic/antibiotic therapy that's killing me. BTW, he's a medicine hater in general so why accuse him but I'm so confused.

Can anybody help or identify with me? Can he be right???

Please, Please HELP...

Thanks alot.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think if things are not working too well just relying on a naturapath should be reconsidered. You can always see a run of the mill doctor as well for a second opinion.
  • Posted

Hi CB - Has he diagnosed just what kind of parasites they are? Did you have diarrhea and pain prior to taking the Alinia and antibiotics?  I don't think taking them can especially hurt you badly but there is no reason for you not to have proper testing done. What if you have something else? I was told by a naturopath that I had parasites without the conventional testing and decided not to continue with him. I found out later through stool testing that I had Hpylori and a stomach ulcer causing tremendous pain that would reaccur on a monthly basis.
    • Posted

Did not clarify. I do see many blogs about many false negatives on parasites though and I'm changing my mind about my natropath...

I was having digestive issues and heavy fatigue. I'm also doing heavy metal detox for mercury and other stuff.

I geel I'll do myself more damage if I leave him since he really comes across confident with good bedside manors.

Only problem is, he didn't explsin how he got the diagnosis but since I'm so lame when it comes to

alternative medicine, he says it's complicated.

Am I hit between a rock and a hard place???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.