Parasitic worm from black bug?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Yesterday I was playing outside with my brother and I felt something on my leg. It was a black bug and looks like a soldier fly but when I knocked it off

I saw a small green worm going into my leg for a quick second. I was doing research nonstop after it happened and couldn't find anything about worms coming out of black bugs flies mouth. Was I just seeing things or should I see a doctor???

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I live in the US by the way. Ny
    • Posted

Filarial infection from insects bites like mosquitos, black flies, deer flies, etc. happens while larva are still microscopic. I'm in no way saying what you saw not. I have over 1000 hours of dedicated research in this area and have not come across any situation like you described. You could see a doctor about it... if you're a gluten for punishment. The medical field is quite a joke when it comes to parasites.. I'd suggest saving your time/money. You know your body better than any doctor, just keep tuned to it.

• Posted

Are there any other types of infections from insects that occur with more developed parasites?
    • Posted

Not transferred by insect to my knowledge.

Is there a mark in the skin, or the site area turn red where this happened?

• Posted

No after it happened there weren't any signs of a bite or mark and I haven't experienced any kind of symptoms

• Posted

Ok. Well usually there is some kind of evidence or reaction given by the body for such an invasive act.
    • Posted

Do you think it's like that I could have just been seeing things then?

• Posted

It's plausible. Skin doesn't like breaches, so, without a mark, redness or swelling, it doesn't sound like anything passed through.

• Posted

Yes g pulchrum if insects are ingested accidentally.
  • Posted

Thanks for the help diggity. Can anyone else give a second opinion on this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.