Parotid gland pain - advice or similar exp share ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Please tell me if you have had something similar :

In March I had awful ear pain and sore throat .... Doc thought it was ear infection and two rounds of antibiotics and I was no better

My eat felt full and full of fluid - under ear swollen and so sore - lymph node swollen and sore and felt as if I had sore throat

Referral to ent

He says no ear infection never was : parotid gland swollen right side not making any saliva upon exam - ct scan does not show stone - wants to do scope to see if something clogging ? Swelling comes and goes during the day - the pain under my ear is really bad at times - lymph node under ear hurts -

Ct scan showed growth in my polyp in the other side of my nasal cavity - unrelated ? And ent doc said not a concern -

The pain in my ear is so bad from the swelling at times I wanna just - grrrr !

Anyone else have something like this ? We are 4 full months of this

Any info appreciated

Heidi

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My advice would be to go back and ask for a second opinion.

We are going through a very traumatic situation with a close relative who started with similar symptoms that have progressed to an incurable state.  

Keep on at the clinicians to scan and double check everything very closely. You should not have to do it but be persistent and do not worry about making a nuisance of yourself. If you shout loud enough (figuratively speaking) you will get heard.

All best wishes.

• Posted

Would you mind telling me the final diagnosis for this relative ?

I'm sorry for all they and you have gone through

Deepest condolences any info appreciated

Xoxoxoxo

• Posted

I don't mind sharing the information but you must not assume this is applicable to you. She was diagnosed with a rare malignant tumour of the Parotid. It was caught very late has spread to the spine and is incurable.

I would just echo what I said before and that i,s be persitent with your Dr's because things can easily be missed. Only you know how you really feel so keep on at them if you are not feeling right or concerned.

Best wishes.    

• Posted

No I am smart enough to no jump to conclusions - so sorry for what you are going through - did the initial ct scan show anything ? Thank u
    • Posted

Thank you.

The first prescribed scan was an MRI and that did not show anything. After much pressure from us, a CT scan was prescribed and that did show the tumour.  

Best regards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.