Paroxetine side effects,

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I have been taking Paroxetine for 5 weeks.

I am still getting side effects. Feel rubbish, can't sleep, my eyes are blurred all the time. Was on Citalopram before and didn't experience bad side effects for so long.

Should the side effects have passed by now?

Just wondering if it's worth sticking it out for longer.

I will put up with the side effects if it is worth it in the end.

I hear such horror stories about this drug and withdrawal it scares me to death.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Big hugs

Sophie ☺ x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

mines been 3 weeks on 5mg and i can barely keep awake feel sick put on half stone and zombie but good thing is that anxiety..social phobia..panik attacks gone but i wonder if they gone bcause the drug makes u into a zombie so u cant feel nothing anyway 
  • Posted

I know it's been a while since you posted but did you stick with paroxetine I've just started on 10mg 2 weeks now supposed to up them to 20mg tomorrow I feel lousy like you did how long did these side effects last for you thanks
  • Posted

I have been on 20mg of paroxetine for 8 and a half weeks. Sleep is better and I am able to get out and about also back at work.I take about an hour otr so to get going in the morning and get tired around 6-7 at night.I am still getting a dry mouth and some numbness in my head, flu like muscle aches but am soldering on.have read some say can take up to 12 weeks to kick in. I am way better than I was at the start.....jeezo how I made it this far is nothing short of a miricale.....those side effects are a nightmare. I am heading in the right direction and feeling better for good parts of the day. I have to work at of though,and reflecting back to where I was to where I am now helps me. My doc wants !e to increase to 30mg and I plan to do this slowly maybe 5mg every other day and see how that goes. Stick with it Sophie. It was hard for me and still is at times bit I am deco getting better.
    • Posted

Deco.....lol should be defo 😀
    • Posted

Should be reply to rstep04.....as you hust posted 3 days ago.hope it helps. Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.