paroxetine - Valdoxan

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys.

I was originally on Valdoxan 2 years ago and found it didn't help with my anxiety or depression. I had been getting a few anxiety attacks and I have been taking paroxetine for over 2 years now. I started with 20mg then went up to 50mg gradually. I found that it helped but the most frustrating thing was it made me very passiveand even axnious at times. After a long time of taking it I decided to try and tamper off it slowly and I tranitioned to a new drug called mirtazapine which made me very angry but it did help with my anxiety. i eventually stopped that and got back to paroxetine on a dose of 20mg. I then felt it my body really didn't take it well, it was as if it had minimal to no affect on me anymore. I still felt passive and the low sex drive really doesn't help. So I decided to try Valdoxan again but it made me angry this time and really depressed. I dont know if the depression was as a result of the whithdrawal from paroxetine or a reaction to valdaxon. So Now I was speaking to my phychistrist and hes advised that I take 10mg of paroxetine daily and see how I go. I do belive one thing and that is paroxetine did help me with depression and somewhat anxiety. I feel that the the higher the dose it makes u feel like a robot to the extent that you find it very difficult to try and get your life back together again. So now I am going to try from tommorrow with 10mg of paroxetine coupled with therapy and regular excersise and I am really hoping that things will stablise in my life. I think the only drug that has somewhat helped me in paroxetine. Even thought itmakes ur fat and lowers ur sex drive, it did give me a little sablitiy so the extent that I can try and help myself further. I am really sick and tired of drugs to be honest and I am hoping to one day taper of them little by little. I feel that once a person has been able to have a through understanding of whats making the anxious and depression and has some sort of couping strategy, I think its time to get off these drugs. I hate them I really do but at the same time I belive they have their place expecially in the beginining when your first have an depression epsiode of an anxiety attack. It makes me really sad sometimes that I need these drugs to help me live but you get over it, life is not paradise. Everyone had issues and I think its time for me to start working on them rather then puting them to the side and use badage solutions or quick fixed to get myself together. Is there anyone out there that had tappered off paroxetine? and How do you feel now in life?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I started on Lorazepam in 1982 took them for 17 years, these are a highly addictive drug and left me with acute clinical depression. Spent 12 weeks in a private clinic to come off them. Was put on paroxetine 20mg daily and had a course of ECT trteatment, after the 12 weeks I felt better than I had in years. Another 17 years now of taking paroxetine, life is now quite balanced though any real stress does lead to anxiety and depression again, but I just ride it out. Started tapering off the paroxetine a week ago, went from 20mg a day to just half a tablet. this was too big a jump so alternate daily between 20mg and 10mg, seem to be coping better. for me the biggest problem with paroxetine is the insomnia if you forget to take one or when you are tapering off. A very gradual reduction seems to be the way to go. Will stick to this slightly reduced dose for 2 more weeks and then try half a tablet a day again. Hope they help you, only you can decide if you need to stay on them or to taper off. Good luck.
  • Posted

I am a  former Paxil user.  I used it for 15 years and finally got off of  it 5 years ago . I am glad I did.  There are so many adverse effects associated with all SSRI antidepressants for that matter.  Back in the 90's these were aggresively pushed by Physicians and drug companies as the new wonder drugs for depression...they said all sorts of marvelous things about how great they were.  They lied (drug companies) or were ignorant (Dr.s) of the very scary side effects. At first it seemed to help with depression and/confidence etc....but soon I noticed I started having insomnia, and aggressive anger issues, and It didnt not really help depression either.  It alters your mood, yes, but in an artificial  and unnatural way.  There were never any long term or conclusive studies on the safety, efficacy or  long term usage of these drugs ! This is my experience, and it seems almost everybody has a sligtly different reaction or experience as time goes by.  There are many documented cases off suicide and violent bahavior not only in children but adults also......I experienced mainly anger, agitation, insomnia, and aggressive, violent and homicidal thoughts occasionally ! IT IS SCAREY.  This is a very real and pretty common reaction of side effects in a great many people. Do a search on the internet on the subject.  The side effects listed for these drugs are  very minimized by he medical establishment and most doctors don't like you to go off of them once you start.  Don't listen to them....listen to your own body.  Only we can know what is going on inside of our brain if we can become conscious of them.....I will send you a link of a good source of in in a private message.  Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Karim, I have been on valdoxan for 2 years now and they are no longer working for my depression. Doc is trying me on paroxtetine 10mg daily to start off with nd then maybe inscrease. See how i go. I also take zyprexa for sleep as i cannot function without sleep. Any tips on changing from val to par? Also does paroxetine really make you put on weight? zyprexa already does that.. not that weight is a huge issue. i would rather be happy and less anxious. You just sound alot like the same journey im about to do. Any tips or advice would be much appreaciated. xx 

Love Love

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.