Passing urine less often?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can any one help.... (sorry in advance if TMI!)

For a long time I have always had to get up to pee at least 3 times a night, in addition to peeing regularly throughout the day.  

But last night for the very first time I slept through without having to get up to pee and my first pee was only a tiny little bit.  Then throughout today I have hardly needed to pee and when I have it has only been a little bit.  I haven't drunk any less during the past few days or today.  My ankles aren't swollen though my belly feels a little swollen.  I don't feel I have a UTI either as no pain when I do pee? I don't feel unwell either, just the odd little pains I get around my back - but that is usual for me.

I am just wondering why all of a sudden my pee 'timetable' has suddenly changed in a matter of 24 hours when I have been taking in the same amount of fluids - where is it going if I haven't peed it out?

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am only at CKD stage 3a btw
  • Posted

Did you eat very salty foods before all this happened ? Hank.
  • Posted

Is your urine a normal color? If this continues I would definitely contact your physician. Sooner rather than later. Here's hoping for more pee pee redface

• Posted

Thanks - luckily I was up again 3 times throughout the night passing pee so looks like it was just a blip!  I had't eaten anything salty that could have caused the blip?  I will monitor my output today and hopefully I will be letting out what I am taking in smile

• Posted

My suggestion is to check with a doctor regarding your urine stoppage. That is not normal. Hopefully it is not backing up somewhere. It could possibly be a prostate problem. Or an infection. Or a stricture. I am not a doctor.

Excess urine can be caused by caffeine which is a diuretic like lasix. Sodas have caffeine as do some sports drnks.

The worse drinks for stage 3, 4 or 5 is sports drinks because they contain alot of potassium and phophorus products. These cause increase your kidney problems.

Hopefully you will see a doctor soon. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.