Pcos and cushings

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 27 and got diagnosed with Polycystic ovarian syndrome at the age of 19.

i have been ill alot lately with alot of Unirary tract infections, back pains, muscle pains, easy weight gains, swollen ankles, abdominal pain, triedness i am always tried, always thirsty, always hot and sweaty, irregular periods, low mood, and depression

i saw a physio who referred me bac to my gp and wanted me checking for cushing syndrome. My doctor just thinks its my PCOS and has nothing to do with cushings but has sent me for a blood test anyway.

Has anyone else got PCOS and cushing and how was it diagnosed? was it harder to Diagnose because of the PCOS?

thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If standard G.P's or blood tests can't give you answers, ask to be referred to an endocrinologist, they may be able to differentiate your symptoms on a larger scale!! Good luck

• Posted

Thank you czara1, sometimes I feel that my doctors just blame everything on Pcos and because im on metformin it means its under control when I don't feel it is.

• Posted

Hi lauralockhart,

I hear you, i am on metformin as well for a couple of years now! Although metformin appears to doctors as something that "SEEMS" as though it has everything under control, the truth of the matter is that its a bandaid thats masking the real problem, which the real problem i am still looking for the answers to. But in saying that i made a couple of little adjustments in my life which has enabled metformin to work it's magic, so to speak. I modified my diet and tried to avert away from refined sugars and things like white bread, flour, pasta, and tried more of the wholegrain things and my body was responding to the metformin a bit better. It's pretty much all about controlling our insulin production. I hope this helps!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.