Pcos and pregnancy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, looking for some advice from people who may have been in d same position before.

Diagnosed with a mild form of pcos via blood tests a few years ago, symptoms relatively mild also.

Was on OCP for a number of years, and came off it in Feb this year, and got my period every 28 to 30 days since, until last week.

Was due to get it last Fri, no sign at all, have had moderate nausea and lightheadedness since the day it was due, with a notable fatigue I haven't had before.

Negative test this morning at home, went to GP who didn't do pregnancy test, just bloods to test my fertility.

I've never been 8+ days late before, and we did have sex around time of ovulation.

My mum had her last child at 35, my sister had her last child at 37.

Anyone been in this position before?

Would love a positive result xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teenager. I had went a year or more without a period sometimes. I struggled with infertility and had used a round of clomid to have my second child. My first, I was fresh out of basic training and I actually got my period after/at? the gas chamber (it flushes out all your bodily fluids). My third child, I went on metformin. I had her at 36. My fourth child was after I began to have normal periods and had not been on birth control for about 4 years. I had her at 39. I was having fairly regular periods then and do now. I had my 5th child at 43/naturally. No problems. Surprise! (not trying :-))........I have found that a low carb diet helps to bring on your period. Just losing weight, no caffeine and eating healthy, taking your vitamins and exercising helps a lot.
  • Posted

I was 16 days overdue when I had my first positive test, so there's still hope ??

• Posted

yes. I went about 3 months without having a period before I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.