Pcos depression and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys and girls,

Basically I've had pcos since I was little. Had my first period when I was 11 and it lasted 56 days straight. Mum kept taking me to the doctor but they kept saying it was normal. Eventually when I was 19 they diagnosed pcos. I wasn't given any treatment or anything. I've been trying for 4 years with my husband for a baby with no such luck but am now on clomid so am hoping this will work. Only problem is i don't have periods anymore. Whereas up until a few years ago I had more than I should every year. I've got so many side effects it's really taking its toll on me. I suffer with severe depression and anxiety, I've got excess hair, thyroid problems, fibroadenosis, suffer with severe leg cramps due to a magnesium deficiency. My mood swings are horrendous, psoriasis, struggle with my weight. Fatigue. And most recently I get agonising pain in my breast,chest and armpit which the hospital said is due to hormones and there's nothing they can do! The list is endless. I've been off work since May with severe depression and anxiety and am due to go back tomorrow. Truth is I really don't want to. Not that I hate my job I actually enjoy it however I'm struggling with all these health issues. I struggle to dress and undress myself, can't wash my own hair, struggle in the bath/shower, can't sit down or walk for too long. Can't lift much, can't stretch. I can't even play with my young nieces anymore as I find myself in agony. I just wondered if anyone has gone through anything similar and what on earth can I do?

Sorry for the essay. I'm just so out of ideas and down at the minute.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I got diagnosed with pcos last week. I have had hair thinning since the last ten years and I'm 27 now.. a long period of my adulthood was wasted from trying one expansive shampoo to another frpm one doctor to another, but my issue wouldn't resolve. My hair especially around the temples is thin and on the crown. I have not had any issues with periods. Though I have sevwre blackhethat keep cpming back. The doctor has put me on Yasmin (even though I get normal regular periods) and on spironolactone

• Posted

And yes like you I do get secerely depressed upto the point that its now difficult for me to even drive around. Going out or doing small tasks require an effort
  • Posted

I've got the exact same problems as you, and they've told me the same thing. They did suggest contraceptive pills. I haven't started them yet but maybe they could work for you? They didn't explain how they'd help, however, so maybe not. I don't know any other way to deal with the stress and pain other than reading... Hope you're doing okay.

<3 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.