PCOS/ miscarriage/ no treatment!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello ladies! I was diagnosed with PCOS around may but I have always had problems getting my period back when I stop taking birth control pills.

So my Gyneco asked for some blood tests but I got pregnant! then I had a miscarriage by June sad since then, I didn't get my period till last week.

My doctor did not ask me to come back or follow any treatment! She actually said that the miscarriage was the proof that I could get pregnant! Now my cycle is super long and I have no way to know when I am fertile! I am wondering if I should see another doctor? Follow a treatment ? How can I increase my chances to get pregnant again sad thank you !!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah. Kind of similar circumstances as you. Had a miscarriage 3 years ago. But nothing since. Been to the gyno and basically been told to lose weight as I can get pregnant. My periods are all over the place now. So need to lose weight and they will come back more regular then.
  • Posted

Hello sara55192, i am sorry to hear you lost a little one that would have been so difficult for you! As for that Gyno, she was just plain stupid to say that getting pregnant is proof that you can, thats disgusting & obviously cant do her job right otherwise she would have discussed a prevention plan with you! Go get another Gyno & if you been diagnosed with pcos ask to be put on metformin it helps regulate your insulin which in return just might help regulate your monthly cycle, & theres a little trick too i have found in getting optimum results from the metformin and so easy too. Adjust your diet a little bit and maybe divert away from refined sugars and other refined foods such as (white bread, flour, white sugar, white pasta) & possibly opt for whole grain foods. I hope you will see a big difference, but it wont happen over night, but it will take your body a little adjusting on its new lease on life. Good luck with it all!!

• Posted

Thanks czara1! It took me a while to realize that but I will definitely get another doctor point of view to be sure! I hope I will get a chance to be a mom soon !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.