PCOS + severe bloating - please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone!

Constant bloating last 4 years!

Severe premenstrual bloating (constipation, distended hard abdomen, increases throughout day and goes down overnight), occurring before period, since I was 17.

After taking combined pill (microgynon), the bloating has stayed constant. 

It has now been almost 4 years, and the bloating hasn't changed.

Have tried peppermint tea, gluten free, dairy free, fodmap, probiotics, magnesium citrate, vitamin b6, fish oil, calcium, zinc, vitamin d.

I suspect it is hormonal (as used to occur before period). Nothing helps sad

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated, it is affecting my life so much sad Any way i could get hormones back to pre-contraceptive?

I currently have the lowest hormonal coil in - its such a low dose the doctor was adament it wouldn't cause changes

Thank you!

Eleanor

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

AMMENDMENT

Reading back I wasn't too clear - 

but the bloating is NOT just before my period, it is every day, all day.

Thanks, sorry haha

• Posted

..hi I have bloating too and I burp a lot,  if I don't eat on time bloating will start and it will last for weeks, I can feel discomfort sometimes,  but most of the time it doesn't bother me, I have bilateral polycystic ovaries,  I too can feel cramps/pain during menstration.   I'm bloated and I have irrreg menstration.... by the way are you skinny or underweight like me? Most of the forum I read women with pcos are over weight.. and I'm 24 years old.. how old are you? 
    • Posted

Hey Mimi, 

I'm 21 and My BMI is 21. 

I have still not found anything that helps.. have you? rolleyes

• Posted

Hey Mimi how are you now..I am suffering the same problem. I am underweight and bloated tummy doesn't look good at all. Skinny and bloated stomach makes me feel more horrible

• Posted

Hi Eleanor,

I was just about to write a post when I saw this. I have exactly the same thing as you. I look like I have swallowed a balloon when I bloat! I go huge! I bloat about 2 weeks of every month and it gets worse during the course of the day. It isnt like a gaseous feeling, its so hard to describe. 

I am currently writing down all thefood I eat to see if there is a trigger but im 99% sure its because of my PCOS. I have tried acupunture, teas, low sugar diets, lots of water etc and nothing is doing the trick.

If anyone has any advice please do comment!

Steph

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.