PE?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'll try to make this short. 8 weeks ago started having left leg issues. Weak feeling, no pain perse but I felt a lump in back of knee with slight swelling. Went to GP who sent for ultrasound which yielded no findings. I have off and on heart palpitations and shortness of breath. Nothing devastating but every now and again I'll notice it. (I have mitral valve prolapse) I also have stabbing on/off pain in left shoulder blade that went away but is now in my right shoulder blade with neck pain that seems to ease when I rub it. Is this all just benign and my anxiety is getting the better of me? Any thoughts or insight would be helpful.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I really don't mean to make light of your pain but it does seem that your Drs are following the symptoms. A cat scan of your lungs would rule out lung blood clot for the shortness of breath. But mine wouldn't go away.

My neck pain was stress. Who wouldn't be stressful with everything going on?

I can not diagnose your pain but I believe you should stay up with your GP do not just wait for something to happen. Get your answers.

• Posted

My friend who is a PA I mentioned my symptoms to her and she said I was crazy and didn't have a PE and if I wanted a scan I'd have to go to the ER. My mom and husband are so fed up with my medical anxiety no one takes this seriously. I don't know what to do at this point

• Posted

I had the same symptoms and I did have PE's. went misdiagnosed for 3 months (as asthma ) but my main symptoms were fatigue and shortness of breath. My D-Dimer blood tests (test for clots) were neg..no one thought blood clot. finally one dr. ordered a ct and found 2 small clots. My oxygen sat was always 99 or 100 so they didn’t understabd how i was short of breath...but i was. If you feel you need a CT scan do it!!!

• Posted

my oxygen sats where also normal i had a substantial clot on my right lung, by the time i knew, it had started to break up, so you really cannot sit on these things
    • Posted

The only thing that has me scared is the pain in my neck. It feels like a pinched nerve though. If I move my head a certain way it hurts so bad. I've read with a PE it's a constant pain

• Posted

You may want to ask the Dr for a MRI on your neck for a pinched nerve. I Had one. I used to go to a Chiropractor and he was able to do me a lot of good for years but the older I got the more my spine compressed. I had a ruptured disc in my neck and went to a surgeon and had a fusion of the vertebrae in my neck. I honestly only reccomed this as a last resort. I wish I had of held off longer. You can't undo it.

But you need to let your Drs check you out. They are the only ones who have the training to diagnose the problem. I had a little more insite because my husband of 41 years had 6 spinal surgeries and I was so used to the Chiropractor and Orthopedist!! Lol

• Posted

I didn't either. I had short breath where I would cough and gag for breath and it felt like pressure on my chest. Not bad but constant.

My oxygen level stayed at 93 and my blood pressure stayed down and this PE is huge. And yes I still have it. It is low in my right lung not causing trouble with my heart right now.

• Posted

Wow. I had an MRI with contrast of neck/brain in March for unrelated issue and I had pinched nerve but in left side not the right which is where I'm currently having pain

• Posted

This is why I hate medical anxiety. It makes you question what you are feeling. I'm not having trouble breathing no chest pain bp and pulse fine. I just don't know what to do

• Posted

Trust your self. Go to the Dr if something doesn't seem right. I still don't hurt. I'm 61 yrs old I should be having aches and pains. The ones that just seem "off" I get checked. My husband died 2 years ago and I have found myself a boyfriend and it drives him crazy that I won't get every pain checked but I say no that one should be normal.

Now I find some of my other aches and pains were signs of the disease that I have that threw the clot. Hehe. So even I'm not perfect (don't tell my kids).

• Posted

My nerve was punched in the right. I know because that's where the Dr stuck the long needle in my neck for the test (didn't hurt ) but my pain was on the left.

• Posted

Lol well I'm 33 and sick of worrying. I'm out of town so I can't go to my dr so I feel especially anxious. I keep saying if something gets worse I'll go to ER. My mom has assured me numerous times it's NOT a PE just common aches and pains. If the lump behind my knee were a DVT surely the ultrasound would have seen it bc you can feel the lump and it's close to the surface. My body isn't screaming "something is wrong" just yet.

• Posted

There is a thing called a fatty tumor that comes up behind the knee it doesn't hurt but it is there. I think if you google it you will see it. I have one. I have them on my ankles too I just knew I was breaking out with something bad. I've had them 30 years. They were no problem for me. But for me to tell you that is your problem without a degree would be diagnosing and that's illegal.

Just remember something my daughter in law makes me repeat often. Goggle is not my friend!! Lol

• Posted

I so agree when in doubt do it. Surgeon said I was the only one he had taken care of as an out patient. No apparent sptoms
    • Posted

I think it's just stress mixed with anxiety but if anything gets worse I'll go to ER. I'll keep you all posted and thank you for sharing your experiences

• Posted

I love my Dr but she jumped at the asthma dignoses with me too gave me samples of steroid inhailer etc. she was wrong. The next day I went to ER they called her after the cat scan with contrast and told her how huge the blood clot was and she told me she was shocked. When they called her she thought they were going to tell her I had had a heart attack. They don't always know. They guess too. You have to steer them toward the right tests.

• Posted

I just wish my friend whose the PA could send me for a contrast scan but she acted as if she could t and the only way is thru ER. I can't believe they can't send for non emergent scan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.