Pelvic Chronic Pain - help please :)

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, 

Im 20, I have been suffering with this horrible pain for the past two years. I have had every test possible and they cannot find anything. I do have PCOS & Endometriosis but that shouldnt be causing me this much pain all the time apparently. I have seen a pain management clinic and they have told me that I have Pelvic Chronic Pain.

I have obviously had to have a lot of sickness time off at work as its far too painful, and i am taking morphine on a daily basis. 

Is this considered a disability? Im not really sure who i need to ask or how i would be able to find this out. At the moment I can't find anything that's helping me with the pain. I have had another flare up & I literally struggle to just get to the toilet, let alone downstairs for something to eat.  

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance smile 

Amy

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to read the position your in, what a state its become for many.  l had severe pain in my lower back lower hips into top of legs under butt,following csection, it was constant at some level, but severe intense occassionally, over the years in that state l did have a partner who supported practically, financially and emotionally, which helped a lot.

Years later diagnosed with intersticial cystitus and given meds for that, which helped a lot, 90percent. l dont know about pcos and endo, but imagine they can cause severe pain, but lve also had the response re debilitating nausea that the level of symptoms arent compatible with the level of gastritus seen, oh well, sorry were not all text book, and it shouldnt mean its made lighter of, l was lucky that the meds prescribed did settle the debilitating nausea 90percent, But the tiredness fatigue that was increasing throughout that time continues now virtually housebound with it, and struggle to do minimul essential jobs, most are left, still a battle with gps to take it seriously, little empathy and no help,

If youve been prescribed morphine for the pain the gps must accept how bad it is and disabling with it, do you have anyone to help with the practicals, if your state isnt considered a disability, shameful, it should be and your gp should be able to back you up.  But know lve read of others debilitated or disabled and trying to manage their daily needs home pets, where is the help, so many healthy without jobs and could be such a help to those struggling.  l,m sorry l dont know about the technicalities re getting registered disabled and getting help, but l,m sure others on here have been through it and will advice you. Keep battling on, hope you get help soon, best wishes. x

• Posted

It could be many things, but a possibility, and I do not recall the name, is some sort of stressed internal arteries internally. I was told about it from an Interventional Radiologist who showed me pictures of the condition and said it can be very painful and debilitating. Interventional Radiologists (IR's) have wonderful non-invasive procedures for many of these ailments. Your ObGyn IS NOT going to mention any IR procedures nor will he or she recommend you go see an IR, because you are worth money to these doctors and they do not want to give up servicing you! Do yourself a favor, stop only listening to your ObGyn, and get to a good IR in your area. ???Chances are they will be of great help to you and also get you off morphine which is not good. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi I suffered with endo for 10 years and had a hysterectomy in 2005 and I had it severely. In dec 2015 I had part of my bowel removed and stitched back together as it contained endo, also my appendix removed as it also contained endo cells.You can get endo in the  anywhere in the abdomen and it is very painful, i was never given morphine for painrelief. You need to see a gynecologist and say that you want a laparoscopy to look for cause of pain as endo cannot be seen on x rays and scans etc. I dont think it is a disability, as for sickness at work I ended up staying off work for 5 months as it is classed as 1 sickness. i do hope that you get sorted out as I know how you feel. Good luck

Sarah xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.