Pelvic Floor Exercises

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just over 3 weeks post op and the good news is I have gently managed to find my pelvic floor!

Now obviously I am going to take this slowly, as with everything post surgery, but for the longer term is there anywhere I can find good advice on exactly how I should be doing pelvic floor exercises. I am determined to make these a regimented part of my life now but want to make sure I am doing them properly! Or is there no properly??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Claire there is an app called squeezy that's very good and not that expensive it reminds you to do the excercises too X wish you well xxx
  • Posted

Google post op kegel exercise which will lead you to a popular video channel that I'm not allowed to name, there is also a very good Aussie website again I can't put full format but is called pelvic exercises both have been a godsend, keep resting
  • Posted

Glad someone else seems to have the same issue as me, want to do them but not sure I'm getting it right, thanks for the responses, I'll take a look at some websites.
  • Posted

I thought it was 4 week be four you start them?
    • Posted

The advice I was given was to start as soon as you could but very very gently for rectocele
    • Posted

I wasn't told anything so went on Matrons suggestion of 2-3 weeks. I have only done them very very gently with no pain / bleeding / change of any sort so I think all is ok.

Obviously if you were told otherwise stick to that. 

• Posted

We are all told different time scales. can be very frustrating for us all.keep healing well hun.xx
  • Posted

Hi all,

Just a note to say I have added a pinned discussion to the group here

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/useful-resources-511474 so it will always be at the top of the group homepage. I have included links to the squeezy app and the Australian website mentioned in this thread. As we cannot allow repeated posting of links to sites like the exercise one if you want to guide users to it you can tell them to go to the link above. Posting this link means the post won't go for moderation as it is an inhouse link. As it says on the discussion, if anyone has any suggested resources to add please PM me rather than filling the discussion with replies.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Thanks so much for this, the time people devote to this site is really apprecciated. It has made my recovery from this surgery much easier and less worrisome than it could otherwise have been!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.