Pelvic pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 38 and for the past few months have had pain in lower right pelvis and also in front upper thigh. Also have had whitish discharge and this time 3 days after my period had a bit of brownish discharge. Went to dr today and checked my urine where it showed I have a slight infection but thinks the pain is more related to a Gynae infection. He gave me antibiotics for bladder infection and told me it should help for other infection if any and I need to call him in a week. If no improvement he suggests I do some ultrasounds. I also have Gynae appointment in 12 days for smear test. Today I am feeling nausea too. Could it be ovarian cancer? Or cervical cancer? I'm petrified

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't be afraid. You had some changes and you are getting it taken care of. Stressing will make it worse. Try peppermint tea for your tummy. Give the antbiotics 24 hours to start working. Is all this happening a couple days after some "quality time"? Thats usually when I would have extra issues.
  • Posted

So I've just replied to your post and then it disappeared! No doubt it will appear at some point.

what I said was, I am older than you but experienced lower right pelvic pain and pain top of thighs. I then started to,experience a discharge which turned green and smelly. It turned out I had a pelvic abscess that kept bursting and reforming. It was removed finally along with other bits and pieces. Could you pay for a transvaginal scan privately? Only to put your mind at rest. Worry is a horrible thing. I would of thought if your GP felt it was anything nasty they would have done bloods. I wish you all the best.

• Posted

Does sound like gyny infection, l think brown discharge is just old blood coming away, maybe white is thrush, one thing can lead to another, as with urine infection.  Either the infection or anti bs could be causing you nausea, might take a few days to improve, Hope its settled over weekend for you, good luck
  • Posted

Hi all, so I went to Gynae and he did an internal check up and pressed on ovaries but no bad pain. He said all seems fine and to wait for smear test result. Today I got my result which is normal 😄 At least one part of me is!! I still have the pain occasionally on my side and down the right front thigh. What I didn't mention last time is that I seem to have gas pains and rumbling in my tummy just on the right. I'm still really worried about ovarian cancer. Gynae thinks it's just adhesions from my appendix when I was 16! I don't know wat to do and I don't know how to stop worrying. The pain in the thigh is wat worries me the most as if I didn't have that I wud think its gas. Anyone ever had this with adhesions?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.