Penis Issue

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all,

It's been more than a few weeks since I pulled my foreskin back by accident in the shower. Since then my penis has been a little red and the skin gets pulled further back without me do anything to it. Now i have a big red blob of skin coming out of it and every time I get an erection at night, I would get up and not be able to sleep until it goes away. I haven't been able to sleep in a few days now. It itches if I wear loose boxers (I use tight ones now though) while walking or sitting. Anyone have any idea what medicine or cream or anything I can do to get rid of the fat blob? I can't stand this anymore.

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's not clear what the problem is.  Weren't you able to retract your foreskin before?  Where is this "big red blob of skin"(!) attached to?  From what you've said though, it sounds like you should get it looked at, so I'd recommend you go to see your GP or local genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

• Posted

Hi ml66uk,

I was not able to retract it before, and ever since I did it became an issue. Is possible to upload an image to show what I mean by the big blob? It is right underneath my gland and that is the part that itches and hurts when I have an erection at night making me not able to get any sleep.

• Posted

Please see images, this is what I meant by blob. 
    • Posted

That looks like paraphimosis, and I think you should go to A&E.

• Posted

I'm not sure about it being paraphimosis, and I'm not sure how urgent it is if it's been like that for some time.  In your position, I would go to A&E now though.  Google "A&E near me" for details.

• Posted

That doesn't sound good. I will go to the doctors as soon as I fan

• Posted

Is there any medication I can pick up for now to slow the swelling?
  • Posted

Jay, please don't worry about some sort of salve to make it better; you need to have a physician look at this.

Google paraphimosis; the images are the same.  You may be able to push the head back into it's original position, and if so then antibiotic ointment with pain relief may help, but your penis is not something I'd take a chance on.  It's embarrassing perhaps, but you need to ask for help.

Good luck.  There is a solution, but act now.

• Posted

I was afraid this would happen. I have many tests this week, don't know what to do.

• Posted

I appreciate you and ml66uk's help. I'm so embarrassed about this but I do need to get this checked ASAP

• Posted

It may depend upon what kind of insurance or healthcare you have available to you.  In some cases, it may take you a week to get in to see the doc anyway, unless you declare an emergency.  Make the call.

I'm sure you are keeping a sharp eye on you friend these days, and it sounds like it is already causing you discomfort.  There are clinics open after hours, or ER at hospital.  If you are young, do you have to consult a parent regarding payment?  If so, start the process....  

Hang in there.

• Posted

I am not sure how my healthcare works. I am insured under my moms healthcare. I will call them ASAP. Until then I will try to ice it to reduce the pain/swelling.
    • Posted

It sounds like you're in the US, and younger than I'd assumed.  You need to get this treated though, as it is an emergency.  Even if it's really been a few weeks since it happened, you need to get a physician to look at it asap.

Don't be embarrassed.  I know it might not be easy, but if you need to tell your mom to get treated, then do it.  If you were my son and you told me you had paraphimosis, then I'd order you in to the car and drive you to ER myself.  If your mom's not at home, then call her, and tell her you need to go to ER.

It's likely that this happened while you were masturbating btw, but that's really irrelevant, and this can happen without masturbating anyway.

One other thing to mention is that US doctors are much more likely to recommend circumcision than European doctors.  If the first doctor you see suggests circumcision, I'd ask for a second opinion.  Even if surgery is required, it doesn't need to be a full circumcision.

This link is written for doctors, but may help:

https://patient.info/doctor/phimosis-and-paraphimosis

• Posted

I appreciate all your help and yes I am in the U.S.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.