Penis pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok I got laid off from my job in February and have been under an incredible amount of stress really bad. One of the ways I have dealt with this is by masturbation. One day after masturbation my penis went numb and started hurting like throbbing. I went to the ER and was diagnosed with 1st degree burn and Dysuria. I'm not sure that's it though. My stress has led me to have constant sexual thoughts and I can't seem to go a day without being aroused and I don't believe I'm giving myself enough rest because now when I'm aroused my penis gets really sore and my erections weak. I can still achieve a full erection but it seems that when I have too much activity it gets weak and I orgasm a lot faster . I need some advice on blocking these sexual thoughts out of my mind because I feel like I can't get proper rest and the arousal I get isn't pleasant.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Erich,

You really could benefit from some talk therapy with a counselor. This sounds both emotional and physical. Did the ER doc say what may have caused what was diagnosed as burns?

You can post photos here if you choose.

This isn't something that will just go away, in either body or mind.

Masturbation should be a wonderful thing...not like this.

Be good to yourself.

• Posted

It was just rough because of the constant friction. That has gotten better. What the doc told me which I believe is true is that I need a rest but there in lies the problem. My mind won't let me rest. It's not even about masturbation because I can go without doing the act. It's the constant arousal and erections I'm not getting a break from. I am having sexual thoughts all the time even when I don't want them. I know it has a lot to do with the stress I'm under. I done reading and it looks like I need a lifestyle change as in I need activities to do that will keep my mind occupied and off of sex. I enjoy sex but the only way I can describe it is like penis fatigue
  • Posted

Hello Erich! :-)

​First of all it's natural to masturbate several times a day and it really is a good way of getting rid of stress :-) If you feel that it starts to represent a problem and makes your penis sore, then it probably is a good thing to slow down a bit to give your penis some "time off". During sex the brain produces dopamin and other stuff that makes one arosed and feeling good, which then is like a drug soft of and then I suggest that you start with a hobby that also would give some of the same effect such as physical working out your body at the gym to get exhausted, taking a run or a long walk, start singing which also has some of the same effect as the brain produces different hormons while we sing that has a positive effect on the body, or go meet with your friends or make new friendships to have a good talk and a good laugh. Try to occupy yourself in other ways that makes you consentrate on something else than sex for a while. There are many things that you could do. I'm sure there are other interests that you have or could get into. Sex feels comforting and is healthy, but not whole the time, it's understandable that you've been masturbating more lately, but finding the right ballance that doesn't cause any discomfort in your penis afterwards, would be better for you. Good luck with that :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.