Peptest

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi just received my peptest has anyone used this test before and if so did the findings help

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

What is a peptest please?
    • Posted

It's a saliva test to see if you have reflux .. I particularly pepcin reflux.. Have a look online there is loads of info on their website .. I've just took gaviscon so can't do it for 48 hours now !!!!
    • Posted

I know I have it or I think that's what it is. how do you do the test?
    • Posted

You get three sample bottles and you spit ( really jack up from your throat) on waking ,After lunch and after tea. You then post them back to them and they check for varying levels of pepsin. I'm expecting high all the way through out . I'm currently teating the ph of all my herbal teas, fruits,veg and sauces as I am going to start the pepsin wash out phase ( as in the Kaufman book ) after I get my results. I had hoped to start the tests today but I stupidly had a few beers last night so been Downing gaviscon all day due to acid ... WHY OH WHY DO I DO IT!!!!!!!
    • Posted

What if you already take medication for acid reflux won't it work?
    • Posted

Apparently proton pump inhibitors are ok to take but ant acids or h2 blockers are not .

You've to stop taking everything for 48 hours and then do the test . Have a look on their website and you tube they have loads of info about it . Makes sense really .

• Posted

I've stopped taking omeprazole after 18 months I'm now on ranitidine. Not making much difference to be honest. Will google it thanks.
  • Posted

Hi

Did you have the test? What were the results?

Ive just had mine and it was >500 - not sure how high it is

• Posted

Hi yes I had mine a while ago . Mine was very low <90 . and it was only really detected in the morning signalling it was silent reflux . which in a way could be more of a problem to detect without the test as i don't get any indigestion or other symptoms other than the lump feeling in my throat . did you not get a letter from their gp to say what they recommend . i have been following their recommendations ( high ph food , raised pillow and a good swig of gaviscon advance an hour after meals and especially at night . i have been doing this for about 8 weeks now and i think i am starting to notice a slight difference. i have been told to retest in 6 months so that should hopefully give me an indication of what i need to do next . if you have any concerns please ring them as they are fantastic and are really willing to help . we can beat this bloody reflux it's just knowing how to !! .="" and="" it="" was="" only="" really="" detected="" in="" the="" morning="" signalling="" it="" was="" silent="" reflux="" .="" which="" in="" a="" way="" could="" be="" more="" of="" a="" problem="" to="" detect="" without="" the="" test="" as="" i="" don't="" get="" any="" indigestion="" or="" other="" symptoms="" other="" than="" the="" lump="" feeling="" in="" my="" throat="" .="" did="" you="" not="" get="" a="" letter="" from="" their="" gp="" to="" say="" what="" they="" recommend="" .="" i="" have="" been="" following="" their="" recommendations="" (="" high="" ph="" food="" ,="" raised="" pillow="" and="" a="" good="" swig="" of="" gaviscon="" advance="" an="" hour="" after="" meals="" and="" especially="" at="" night="" .="" i="" have="" been="" doing="" this="" for="" about="" 8="" weeks="" now="" and="" i="" think="" i="" am="" starting="" to="" notice="" a="" slight="" difference.="" i="" have="" been="" told="" to="" retest="" in="" 6="" months="" so="" that="" should="" hopefully="" give="" me="" an="" indication="" of="" what="" i="" need="" to="" do="" next="" .="" if="" you="" have="" any="" concerns="" please="" ring="" them="" as="" they="" are="" fantastic="" and="" are="" really="" willing="" to="" help="" .="" we="" can="" beat="" this="" bloody="" reflux="" it's="" just="" knowing="" how="" to="">
    • Posted

Hi Claire, i got the same recommendations.My main symptom is shortness of breath.i was reading last night on the net about alkaline water and high dosage of nexium - did you hear about it? Thanks
    • Posted

Yes I use Icelandic water from Amazon ph 8.4 . Not sure what nexium is but the proffessor at the lab for peptest told me that the cells on your throat shed every 24 hours so if you can keep the pepsin from being activated ( high ph and no reflux) for 24 hours then it is gone after that .
  • Posted

never used one and would like to do so! where did you get yours?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.