Per/Meno Pep Talk

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello Lovlies,

I know there is already a post of the 66 signs and symptoms of perimeno, however, i just wanted to share my list again for any newcomers as well as ourselves just as a reminder that we are NOT crazy. What we experience is real and life altering. All women go thorough it differently but we all go through it.

I sometimes go back to this list just for my own reassurance like a coping mechanism that when these symptoms start happening, I tell myself its peri/meno acting up and i will be alright.

We will all be alright. No one lady here is alone and we will get through this. Continue to listen, share, vent, and suggest to make our journey a little easier.

Hot flashes, hot flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling

Irregular heart beat, racing heart, palpitations

Irritability

Mood swings, sudden tears

Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)

Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles

Loss of libido

Vaginal dryness

Crashing fatigue

Anxiety, feeling ill all the time

Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom

Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion

Disturbing memory lapses

Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence

Itchy, crawly skin (like bugs are crawling under the skin)

Aching, sore joints, pains in muscles and tendons

Increased tension in muscles

Breast tenderness, sore breast, pains in breast

Headache change: increase or decrease, migraines

Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea

Sudden bouts of bloat

Depression

Exacerbation of existing conditions

Increase in allergies

Weight gain

Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair

Dizziness, vertigo, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance, wobbly, shaky

Cloudy head, (water logged or like you are under water) heavy head

Chills and shivers (may shiver for hours)

Internal tremors/tingling (feeling like a power drill is running inside your body)

Changes in body odor

Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head

Tingling in the extremities

Gum problems, increased bleeding, toothaches (often in mid cycle)

Heightened sense of smell, stuffy nose

Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor

Dry skin, hair, and nails

Changes in vision(blurred, aura)

Weight gain or loss

Osteoporosis (after several years)

Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier

Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc.

There is more im sure, but these are a lot of the common complaints. Again, this is just a reminder that these signs and symptoms do exist and it's not in your head.

Love yourselves, be kind to yourselves, and take care!!

8 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Loss of appetite and sudden hunger pangs..

hives and rash on skin

some days I have loads of energy and other days I feel dull and down..

• Posted

Oh I am very familiar with the loss of appetite. I have been going through that aND have lost so much weight. I have gas and indegestion and that makes me not want to eat.
  • Posted

You have basically listed me ! Thank you....it doesn't stop any of them but when ur having an attack at 2am when u really think your dieing of a stroke your list will come into my head I'm sure & make me realise I'm not alone & it will pass...when I don't know but it will x
    • Posted

That's exactly how I feel. I woke up at 2 am this morning and was feeling really nervous and couldn't sleep. I thought about my list and told myself, I'm ok over and over again. Like you said, don't know when it will be over but it will.
    • Posted

Woke up at 3.50 am couldn't sleep read your list again and other post for reassurance. Thx
  • Posted

Hi all.Jamie's list is a very very good description of a lot of our lovely symptoms . I have had all of these apart from my lady bum being dry ,I have that to look forward to no doubt! Perhaps if our fellow male species suffered a few of these they would be on the floor by now ha! Just trying to add a cheery note for us all. Onwards and upwards is always my motto ladies xxxxx
  • Posted

It's depressing when uou read all these and realize you have three quarters of whats on this list. Know wonder we feel like we're going crazy. I sure hope one I finally enter menopause that these all go away!
    • Posted

Me and you both. I've at least expierenced over half of this list and some I forgot to mention. It really can make you feel like you are going crazy. Like you, once menopause is reached, I hope this stuff goes away.
  • Posted

I started to list the symptoms I've had and gave up. Barring a few of them, I've had most of them whether it's a few times or a lot. I've never really counted them before but wow, it just shows how we tolerate the symptoms or 'get used to them' and don't realise just how much we put up with the symptoms themselves. How can the medical field NOT see the bigger picture when it comes to the perimenopause. Baffling!
    • Posted

I have gotten tired of explaining over and over how I'm feeling to docs and anyone else that think I don't know what I'm talking about or simply im just too young for meno. Especially when tests come back fine. I did my own research and come to the conclusion that we just have to decide if we are going to suffer through it, make lifestyle adjustments, or seek medication to make the process more manageable to deal with.
    • Posted

The doctors have told my sister she's too young when she was in her early forties. She's 45 now and given how many women suffer even younger, it makes no sense. One great thing I've picked up from here is the supplements I now take because I asked my doctor and the only thing he knew of was Red Clover, which I've been taking for some time now. Thank goodness for the good advice here. I've even added a banana a day now..anything to help with the frightening palpitations I sometimes get. I can't thank you ladies enough. Hopefully I have one lady doctor who'll be understanding, hard to tell until you ask them though. I can't thank you ladies here enough x.
    • Posted

I've picked up tips from here also to help with symptoms. I'm thankful every day for this forum and you ladies. Anytime i need advice or a listening ear, I come here.
  • Posted

Thank you for sharing this!!
    • Posted

No problem. I've experienced most of it and still going through it which I was truly scared as it hit me like a ton of bricks, especially the weird ones. I hope this eases the mind just a little to know that even though we expierence these symptoms, it's perimeno and we are alright.
  • Posted

It's all such a hoot isn't it - deep deep sigh but thank god for this forum keeping us sane and in touch with one another

• Posted

You are so right about that. If not for this forum I would still be a basket case trying to explain to anyone who would listen. I feel bad that we suffer and some worse than others but it makes it better to know that I am not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.