Peri Menopause

Posted , 11 users are following.

?23 minutes ago

Hi there..

I'm 42 years old and new to this. Recently experienced symptoms which I've been told are peri menopause.

Am now getting hot flushes but not sweating..also get palpitations and metal taste in mouth, vertigo and a funny head to name but a few...

Had a bad episode last night in bed which woke me up. Stomach felt warm which radiated to chest and neck and heart palpitations...also felt a really strange sensation in my head like I was going to black out or something horrible was going to happen. Never felt this before so terrified me. Called 999 as thought I was about to have a heart attack or something similar.. embarrassing as am usually always fit and we'll.

These symptoms are worse than a panic/anxiety attack.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Im finding this quite debilitating and scary.

Thanks x

Report this

? 0

Start your own discussionReply to shirl15546's discussion

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had all the same symptoms everyone is describing...even got on BP medicine that made me worse off!

I'm finally off all medicine and after 3 trips to the ER and all heart tests are normal, the doctor said I must be premenopausal. 

My big thing is I wake at night HOT, that brings anxiety which raises my BP. It's a vicious cycle! 

I've been off my BP medicine and trying to do the natural thing in hopes that it'll all help my premenopause symptoms too.

• Posted

Hi Dora.  I started all of this at 43.  I am 45 now.  Once one symptom gets better, another one comes along.  I just cope with them better now.....and TRY not to freak out about them.  Hope you feel better soonsmile
    • Posted

Yes you're right!there's always a new symptom that pops up..its horrible. I try and deal with them and then something new will happen and completely throw me..scares me at times. This last episode scared the life out of me as it felt like something terrible was going to happen...

• Posted

Hi, if you look up the 66 menopause symptoms on this site it'll put your mind at ease. So many things you'd never associate with menopause, but all significant in their own way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.