periacetubular osteotomy in 2 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 32yr old female & will be going in for periacetubular osteotomy in 3 weeks. I'm feeling prepared for surgery & don't feel nervous or anxious about the procedure. Instead I'm panicking about my recovery, I'm preparing my body by swimming a mile a day & also trying to loose a few pounds just to make sure I'm in tip top condition. Has anyone got any tips for a really good recovery after this procedure?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kat 

I hope you are well, I have just come accross this message as I am having the same surgery myself in a months time. I am 30 and already had a left hip replacement, my PAO is scheduled for the 8th of Dec in Oxford. 

How did your op go?

Stevie xx

• Posted

Hi Stevie , not had it yet! I'm going in on the 21st, just had my pre-op. One thing I found out that I didn't expect is that they have put me down to receive 2 units of blood, this apparently is standard procedure for this surgery. Still trying to get tips on my recovery!

• Posted

Oh I see. I had my pre op months ago for some reason and I was shocked when I found that out.

How are you feeling about it? I am so nervous 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.