perimenopause & mirena coil?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone considered having mirena coil fitted to control the mood balance or unpredicted bleeding during perimenopause? I wonder if it would help. I am consider it as an option but don't want to experiment with my already suffering body. Any advice or opinion will be very welconed. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Celebi

i had it fitted last year for exactly the same reason, I had very heavy periods that used to leave me washed out, it used to be a full 7 days. Now there is hardly anything there and it only lasts for about 4 days, I only need panty liners, it has taken a year for it to settle down with me, I have had lots of light spotting, I did consider having it removed but my doctor said, with me been peri the bleeding would be far worse, I also don't get the period pains I used to get, so for me now it has settled it is a million times better, as for the moods I don't think there as been any difference, I still have bad days of awful anxiety, but there is only me who can try to control that, I have to try to not let it take over. Personally for me it is now great having the Mirena, everyone is different with the length of time it takes to settle, I think it took longer with me because I did have such awful periods. Best of luck with your decision xx

• Posted

Dear Sue, thank you very much for sharing your experince. It has been very useful to know your experience. Hope it goes well for you.
  • Posted

Hi

I've had a Modena coil for 8 months now. It was fitted for the same reasons you describe. I also started on HRT about the same time. It took about 3 months to settle but now I hardly see any bleeding. I had horrendous anxiety too but with the combined treatment I have my life back. I say go for it! Give it a chance to work though as it does take time. Good luck x

Anita

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.