Perimenopause symptoms is driving me crazy, I will share my symptoms and what I'm going thru.

Posted , 13 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

It started beginning of the year, heavy bleeding with clots, lasting 1 week. Now my period is just 2 days, very light. I'm 48 yrs old.  I feel bloated, gas, stomach upset, headache now and again, sometimes it wakes me up at night. Chest congestion, bone pain, breast pain and heaviness. Weight gain, blurry vision, dry mouth, difficulty swallowing, dry eyes, body aches and pains, chills, fever and flu like feeling. 

This is to name a few things Im Experiencing for the last couple of months, I feel very depressed as well, feel like crying, moody. Sometimes I think there is something  More serious with me as most days I feel ill. I've seen my doctor loads of times, gave me tablets for gastric as I'm bloated and have lots of gas. My body basically goes up and down, sometime I'm hungry and other times I feel nausea. Some days I have loads of energy and some days I feel sooooo weak. Sometimes I think I'm going mad as my symptoms come and goes. My doctor says there is nothing wrong with me, he says it's  allergy????  I don't know what to do? Thank God I've seen this forums and have read abit about what ladies here are going thru.  Anyone experiencing what I'm going thru?

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh honey I have all them and then some it's terrible it's peri menopause I have had the million dollar work up and the found nothing wrong with me other than these symptoms all started when I started peri menopause. The symptoms are debilitating
    • Posted

Some days I wake up fine with loads of energy and no symptoms at all, some days I. S tired and weak and can do hardly anything. I eat well. I sleep well most nights. Lately I've also develop allergy rashes that comes and goes... Ki have ask my doctor to send me for an MRI scan but he says there's no point as he doesn't see anything wrong with me apart from all the symptoms I'm going thru... 
  • Posted

Hi. It could be menopause but it could also be thyroid problems or even lack of b12. Has dr done blood tests for a range of things including hormones? I had continuous similar symptoms when I was 38 and ended up with hysterectomy for endometriosis this year as i turned 40. Not sure if the symptoms were related or just coincidence that they found that when just checking other symptoms but apart from a few menopause ones most symptoms i had before have now gone!
    • Posted

I have not done any blood tests lately. Did one in June and everything was fine, except I had iron deficiency, that was when I was bleeding heavily. Now my periods is only 2 days every 3wks. 
    • Posted

Sounds more like peri then if affecting periods. I'm afraid there are 100s of symptoms that you can get and it will case of working out what helps you best now. Hopefully if they light it's a better thing than flooding. Herbal remedies can help too. Good luck
  • Posted

Sounds like the menopause to me welcome to the club with 100s of horrid symptoms but your in good hands here on this forum xxx
    • Posted

Thanks for the welcome. I'm so happy to hear from other ladies going in the same situation as me... 
  • Posted

Welcome to menopause you almost describe me I truly had so many of your symptoms
  • Posted

I feel that you are going through menopause this is how i feel tired, nose bleeds, stomach discomfort some days i have energy other day i just feel down and not to in to it 
  • Posted

No fun for sure - but much of what you describe sounds hormone related...peri-menopause etc.  As someone else mentioned thyroid can often come into play as well as the adrenals!  So a triple whammy it seems.   By all means keep following up with your physician- they work for you, eh...ask for someone else if need be.  Never settle for half-assed answers if you can help it and in the meantime start looking for your own!

As I lean towards all things natural as much as possible - supplementing your diet with vitamins/herbs can be such a blessing to lesson symptoms and build the body during this time.  Also stress relief practices should be PRESCRIBED in my opinion as far as I'm concerned as our physical and emotional stress can wreak havoc on our hormones and then the hormone ups and downs affect us physically/emotionally!  Fun, right?

Yoga and meditation can become a lifesaver - too often dismissed (I was like that at first) but now I know better.  Nature is definitely a soother and again can be a lifesaver.  I use all of the above regularly and it has made a huge difference. 

Keep looking for answers - they are certainly out there! 

• Posted

This is how i have been feeling flu like symptoms stomach issues, anxieties, nose bleeds just not myself lately tired from not sleeping well and just not wanting to do anything
  • Posted

Dear Kadija, I am reading my first post on yours, lol.  Hang on, it is all perimenopause.  Just to calm you, YES, I had it all and MORE that is not in your list.  Good you made sure you are health but that is about what doctors will reasure you so far.

Time will make it better, but do not expect your doctors will acknowledge that all that is coming from  lack or unbalance of hormones - some times they can not even track hormones with precision, what makes diagnosing it tricky, so point for them.

I missed ONLY 1 period and the doors of hell opened for me - I started feeling like crap, all symptoms together.  What bothered more was the joint pain.  Vision goes blury one day and comes better the next.  Same as the joint pain, is not it?  Have you had  any "anxiety attack" yet?  Doctors like to call it "anxiety attack" but I strongly desagree for I had no reason to be anxious at all - heart pumping anything from 32 to 100bpm, difficulty to breath, brain fog, etc. I thought I was having a heart attack - I hope you do not have it!  

All in all, I felt so bad I thought I had something really fatal.

Just to give you a little insight, it will get MUCH better.  The worst symptoms will take like 4 months, time that your body will adpt to the lower levels. 

It has been 2 years for me now, and I still have my (irregular) period, but I feel much better.  Some months, I do not feel a thing smile.  Others, I have one thing or another, but not all at the same time. 

I hope it has helped and keep in touch!

<3>

• Posted

Hi BellaRubia, just wondering how you are doing now? Its been 2 yrs since this post. I've had a terrible time of late with joint pain and I still have regular periods. I had the chest pains and anxiety and low moods, desperate panic attacks etc. I'd love to know how you arw doing now. Thank you

• Edited

Nothing will be cinsistent. I remeber at the begining my cycle was insane. Once had a period for two weeks then stopped and retuendd in a week. I remeber it because it was just ridiculous. It does whatever it wants. I am menapausal now and i dont miss periods at all but i dont like the moments of dizziness or seconds of vertgo at all. Hard being a woman. Im awaiting all this to balance out so i can enjoy my life.
  • Posted

I feel the same about finding this forum,

Feel like I'm going crazy sometimes,

I have had a rough year feeling ill all the time .....

Sometimes with my cycle pattern but since gyn put me on contraceptive pill my periods are so messed up I can't tell ....

Headaches, severe nausea, feel like I'm getting the flu or a bad cold but it never turns into anything, heavy aching legs and sometimes all over, heavy headed, dizzy, really tired physically and mentally, get upset a lot, anxious, hot sweats. I sometimes just have to stay in bed or sofa for a week !!!! Hate it all !!!

I have been to see gynaecologist a few times but he wants to do endometrial ablation to help the bleeding and a hysterectomy if that doesn't work but the bleeding is the least of my problems .... He doesn't seem to take any notice of my other symptoms just says hormone related!!!! 😁😁😁😁 he's no help at all

• Posted

Hi Josephine

How are the BC pill working out? I'm in same situation but don't know if they are helping.

Cc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.