Period

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay I am 28 years old. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 20. I have always been irregular with my periods. But since I have been 20 years old I would not get any periods with out birth control or fertility pills. My husband and I were trying for a baby in early May and then we stopped because it was too hard on me.. I have not been on any fertility pill or birth control since then. I had some spotting a little over 3 months ago and that lasted for like 2 days.. Then nothing till 3 days ago. I have a period right now that is so heavy that I am soaking through a super plus tampon every hour or a little less. I have went through 7 super plus tampons since 8:15am. I am just scared and not sure what to think about this since I never get my period on my own. Anyone that could help me calm down or help me with this situation would be gladly appreciated. 

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you in a lot of pain? I hate to be negative but have you thought about a miscarriage? That much bleeding is not normal you should seek medical attention now.
    • Posted

That is the thing, I am not in pain. I was having cramps yesterday and bad ones, but not really pain today..just losing a lot of blood. I don't know about a miscarriage, i have never been pregnant because of PCOS so I have no idea what is going on 

• Posted

I have experienced this twice that I can remember and my bleeding lasted a whole month. PCOS is weird and I just assumed since I hadn't had period in over 3 mths my body was getting rid of all the old blood or 3mths of periods at once. I would suggest taking a multivitamin if you don't already just so you won't get weak, because after I bleed for 2weeks all I could do was lay around.

• Posted

Thank you leteshia for your advice. I will for sure take a multi-vitamin. I am feeling sick and weak right now and i am trying to do college work. Not working well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.