Period for 5 days then spotting

Posted , 3 users are following.

I came on my period as usual 11 days ago bled a bit heavier than usual, 6 days after coming on the period it settled down and I only saw blood on the toilet paper after wiping, and it's still on the paper after wiping 11 days later. !

Usually my period finishes completely between 3 and 5 days this has never happened before !

I'm 42

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Welcome to perimenopause. It happens to me all the time. I asked my gyno she said. Well Yes you're in your 40's. Loads of fun. A pain in the butt but nothing to worry about
    • Posted

I hope that's all it is , I've never had it before . I dread going to the toilet now because I see the blood and panic .
  • Posted

Oh I totally understand. I'm the same way and I'm such a worrier. I jump to worse case senario immediately. But when I mentioned it to my gyno. Her casual response of well yes you're in your 40's made me feel so much more relaxed. Periods get wonky at our age. The get Longer or shorter. Heavier or lighter. They start earlier or later than usual. Before menopause. I started having this around 40 and it will last probably 10-15 years. Oh joy. Try taking Advil. It helps relax the uterus and slows the flow to a stop. But mostly don't panic. It will stop. 😊
  • Posted

Hi im too suffering from similar.. im 35 yrs old had my period for 8 days which is not normal for me usually 5days i bled heavily for the first 2 days then went to a lighter flow ive had brown spotting for the last 3 days is this noral or should i go to docs ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.