Periods / anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

I ve been on citrilopram now for 19 days 10 mg and just wondered if coming on your periods can make your anxiety worse or is it all in my head x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

In my experience periods always did that regardless of any meds I was on.  Not being funny but it is probably all in our heads, inasmuch as its something happening in our brain with messages and so on.  If you can cope see how it is after the period?
  • Posted

Hi Tammy my anxiety wud be slightly worse coming up to my period but it's more my mood wud be worse I get bad headaches tho with my period so I tend to be in bad form for a few days just but it cud just be u getting into ur system it takes a 6/8 weeks to settle properly xx

• Posted

Hi Tammy funnily enough I'm on day 19 of the same meds and started my periods 2 days ago, and my anxiety is defo higher, like it always does when I get them, I had the side effects from the meds for the first 7days then they settled down so I know it's not the side effects, see how you are after them, I hope it settles for you xx

• Posted

Tammy

It is early days yet, possibly with anxiety you may feel stressed

Be patient with this medication, good luck

Keep a hold

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.