Permanently Swollen Ankles

Posted , 4 users are following.

For some days now my ankles have become swollen. They remain swollen continuously even after raising them up with lots of pillows. I have tried to read up on this matter but I do not have any of the bad symptoms. My recent FBC test(full blood count) shows kidneys are fine and practically everything fine. I am on High BP medications but neither of the two have side effects of swollen ankles or water retention. I am worried but I feel fine and in good health. There is a tightness to the ankles. However I have no other symptoms. So I am torn between being worried and yet as I feel well, fine and happy go lucky as usual I tell myself not to worry. But something must be causing the swelling. I am due to see my GP in two weeks time. Any thoughts, opinions or ideas on this? Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would not wait two weeks..I don't want you to panic...but keep on putting your legs up...and I would call TOMMOROW.

Are you taking any medications?  And are you taking any new medications?

I was recently in the hospital and a man was in there and all of a sudden his ankles started swelling..they discovered it was a medication that he was taking....BUT...even thou it was a medication they...of course stopped that medication..but they started treatment with a diruretic to bring down his swelling.

• Posted

Hi there. A number of years ago, a relative was diagnosed with lymphoedema which is a condition where lymph fluid accumulates instead of returning to where it should be going. I read jumping is good for the lymhatic sysyem. But in their case, it was not only the ankles, it was also the top part of the feet. They were given compression stockings, but found them very tight.
  • Posted

Ask your doctor for an Rx for water pills. You will have relief before the pills are finished.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.